Lip sync issue - Q90T - how to fix?

Daveyboy1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have the Samsung Q90T. I have the tv connected to a Denon receiver.

the inbuilt apps have no issues with lip sync under the auto setting in sound, expert settings.

however, when a roku or firestick is connected to the tv directly, I get bad lip sync issues and cannot seem to correct it.
Only way around this is choosing pass through. However, this then brings in a new issue with DD+. Both the firestick and roku will be fine but every 45 mins, I get a audio drop out of around a second and then it continues as normal until another 45 mins or so passes.

so at moment I either have to have the audio drop out and leave on pass through or I have to have lip sync issues.

any one else had this issue and any way of fixing?

firmware on tv and receiver all up to date.

Have you tried connecting the Roku or firestick to an HDMI input on the receiver itself?

Have you tried connecting the Roku or firestick to an HDMI input on the receiver itself?
Yes, so one of them I have direct into receiver (firestick) as the hdr etc works fine like this but the roku won’t play in 4K hdr 60 so due to this I have this plugged directly into tv. When I’ve had plugged into receiver it works without lip sync issues. As I say, using pass through on the tv eliminates the issue but I have weird audio drop outs then so need it to stop doing that. Weirdly, I tried before and the lip sync issues are present using tv speakers as well.

not sure how to fix or if it’s even possible.

Yes, so one of them I have direct into receiver (firestick) as the hdr etc works fine like this but the roku won’t play in 4K hdr 60 so due to this I have this plugged directly into tv. When I’ve had plugged into receiver it works without lip sync issues. As I say, using pass through on the tv eliminates the issue but I have weird audio drop outs then so need it to stop doing that. Weirdly, I tried before and the lip sync issues are present using tv speakers as well.

not sure how to fix or if it’s even possible.
That is very strange for sure. If you're getting lip sync issues via the TV speakers, when using the Roku. That would definitely point to the Roku stick itself being the issue. Is it a new item, could be the stick itself is faulty? Can you return it for replacement?

That is very strange for sure. If you're getting lip sync issues via the TV speakers, when using the Roku. That would definitely point to the Roku stick itself being the issue. Is it a new item, could be the stick itself is faulty? Can you return it for replacement?
No sorry I meant that if using tv speakers I found it was out of sync for both roku and firestick if plugged into tv.
Roku stick and firestick are both fine though as connecting direct to receiver (not long term option) or switching on pass-through mode for sound plays back no problem so must be the tv creating sync issues when set to auto. Just wish there was an easy fix.

also, why would under pass-through would the audio drop out almost to the second every 40-45 mins? Not sure what would cause this.

Roku stick and firestick are both fine though as connecting direct to receiver (not long term option)

Why is this not a long terms option? It's actually how I'd connect such (and all) devices. Ie everything to my Denon X4500H, then a single HDMi to eARC on my Q95T (same as a
your Q90T spec wise - just mine has the One Connect Box). What model Denon do you have?

also, why would under pass-through would the audio drop out almost to the second every 40-45 mins? Not sure what would cause this.
No Idea mate tbh. I used to get a 1-2 sec audio dropout when my Q95T was connected via optical to my Audiolab 6000A stereo integrated amp. This was solved by updating the 6000A firmware. All your components have updated firmware on them though.

Why is this not a long terms option? It's actually how I'd connect such (and all) devices. Ie everything to my Denon X4500H, then a single HDMi to eARC on my Q95T (same as a
your Q90T spec wise - just mine has the One Connect Box). What model Denon do you have?

No Idea mate tbh. I used to get a 1-2 sec audio dropout when my Q95T was connected via optical to my Audiolab 6000A stereo integrated amp. This was solved by updating the 6000A firmware. All your components have updated firmware on them though.
Yeah that’s right, everything up to date and fact it does it on both devices connect to tv makes me think it’s tv related.

I bought one of these for the lip sync issue with my sky a going through my Bose lifestyle amp. It sorted out the issue completely.

HDMI Splitter 1x2 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 HDR D-o-l-b-y Vision Atmos, HDMI Splitter Scaler 4K 1080P,Firmware Upgrade HDMI 2.0 Splitter 1 in2 out HDCP2.2,Scaler EDID Switch,USB Power,ESD,Mini Case SP12H2
by ezcoo HITECH
Learn more: Amazon product ASIN B083JVPXDY

I had this issue on my non-4K stick and I fixed it by turning the Dolby digital option off in the sound settings.

I had this issue on my non-4K stick and I fixed it by turning the Dolby digital option off in the sound settings.
Thank you but not an option for me as I have surround sound so need it on. I’ve sorted now I think and moved the firestick into the tv and chose DD only on the stick and pass through on the tv. That seems to allow sound to now play without the audio drop outs when using DD+ on any device passing audio through tv. I no longer get lip sync as using pass through.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom