• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Lip sync issue on LG 50PK950

niemion

Standard Member
I've just received a LG 50PK950 and have discovered lip sync problems. I'm using the TV's own built-in speakers, and I have observed the problem with cable tv, both with the analog and digital tuner. I have the same issue with cabled network playback trying with a wide variety of file types.

The audio is ~0,5 seconds early.

Is there any menu option where I can delay the audio? If not, what can I do?

Nibbo68

Established Member
niemion said:
I've just received a LG 50PK950 and have discovered lip sync problems. I'm using the TV's own built-in speakers, and I have observed the problem with cable tv, both with the analog and digital tuner. I have the same issue with cabled network playback trying with a wide variety of file types.

The audio is ~0,5 seconds early.

Is there any menu option where I can delay the audio? If not, what can I do?

I had 2 of these with lip sync problems. LG actually wrote my first one off and said it was beyond economical repair and it was only 6 weeks old. Second one was returned with same problem. It's a fairly common issue with these sets. Some have issues, some don't. I suggest you get it replaced and keep your fingers crossed.

niemion

Standard Member
I have 14 days to return it to the shop.

Do you suggest returning it to the shop, or contacting LG directly to have them send a technician or issue a replacement?

Nibbo68

Established Member
niemion said:
I have 14 days to return it to the shop.

Do you suggest returning it to the shop, or contacting LG directly to have them send a technician or issue a replacement?

I phoned LG and they sent out an engineer who said it needed a new main board but LG wrote the set off and issued me with a return letter to get the set exchanged or refunded where I bought it from. Does it do it on any of the freeview channels from the built in tuner?

niemion

Standard Member
Are there any popular TV's out that allows for sound/image delaying? So you'll be able to adjust out of lip sync issues.

Last edited:

niemion

Standard Member
LG supporter told me to return it as DOA. He offered to send a technician to come have a look, but recommended just sending it back. Now the shop doesn't seem to have any more PK950's in stock, so what do you suggest in that price range? I'm looking for a TV without electrical buzz (this one is exceptional quiet) and without any known sound/image sync issues. And a 50".

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom