1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lip sync in arcam fmj27

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by monkeyboy69, Aug 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Dear all
    Lookiing for a bit of advice, recently bought the fmj27 and generally very pleased however I've noticed 2 things that bug me and dont' know ehther they are related.
    1) the thing gets bloody hot, way hotter than I'd expect and dvds come quite hot to hold as well even after playing just one fillm, is this right.

2) the main problem :- th elip sync is quite often just out a bit , I have found I can correct this by running the film and doing a search forward past the next 10 seconds , which seems to kick it back in place. Is this a common fault with this model or has anyone heard of this.

I'm using ver 1.78 for the software and some kind person accidently made it multi region when I wasn't in the room and nowhere near it.
    Apart from that the model is stunning and the sound from both films and cds are amazing.

Any ideas???
    much appreciated
    Lee

2. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I think there is a setting in the setup menu to alter the lipsynch if your outputting via progressive scan. So if you are this may be the solution - I am with mine - and the kind installer did this for me. I assume it was him who made it multi region and PAL progressive enabled as well ' cos like you I was nowhere near it at the time.......officer.

3. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm using progressive output with the delay and I've noticed the same problem. Maybe the delay is calibrated for NTSC only?

4. monkeyboy69

monkeyboy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    unfortunately I'm not outputting to projector or plasma but to normal CRT.
    The thing is if i do a search and scan forward as little as 10 seconds the lip sync goes ok. So I don't think it a delay thing otherwise the search thing would make no difference

also do your units get extremely hot

5. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Extremely - No , but it does get very warm