1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip sync fixing

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by taimur, Feb 15, 2003.

1. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still deciding what exactly to buy..... If I bought part of my system now, and as I added and upgraded things found that I had lipsync problems, would it be possible to buy an audio delay box at some stage in the future, or should I really buy an amp that has this built in? Do these things exist in the way that deinterlacers and component convertors exist?

Thanks
    Taimur

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Some DVD players have audio delay built in, e.g. Arcam DV27.

If you do a search in the plasma forum you will find plenty of posts about lip-sync issues with plasmas, scalers, deinterlacers, etc. Some people (including me) have experimented with digital audio delays from the music scene, but with no success.

Currently there is only one external unit available that does a proper job, the Vigatec Wave which retails for £1,000; otherwise you need an amp that has digital audio delay built in.

StooMonster

3. taimur

taimur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply. I have indeed seen many threads about lip sync problems and it's something that concerns me a little.

The two systems that I've seen demonstrated where the guys in the shops said "now come and see this system, you'll be really impressed" both had lip sync problems, even though the set up was otherwise impressive.

I think I'll get an amp with audio delay, in that case - I couldn't live with an expensive kit which didn't do the simplest task of playing the movie as it's supposed to be seen and heard!