1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip Sync / Felston Digital Audio Delay unit DD340

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JATH, Nov 4, 2004.

1. JATH

JATH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a short post to say that if anyone has annoying lip sync problems that they are struggling to remedy then the Felston Digital Audio Delay unit DD340 could be your answer.
    I purchased the unit on Monday (after months of trying to solve the lip sync issue on my HTPC) and it basically does what it says on the tin and looks very smart too,so will blend in with your existing AV Gear okay.

Anyway thought it worth a mention.

Now back to that lip sync free Dvd collection!!!

You can find it at - www.felston.com

Jono.

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    If you'd used the free AC3 filter it would have given you lip synch correction.

3. spencer

spencer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get a lot of annoying lip sync delay. I have tryed to remidy this by adjsuting the speaker distance settings on my AV receiver, but that does't come close to correcting the problem.
    I have since tryed running the audio out from my SKY box into an Audigy 2 sound card and then running digital out to the Receiver. Is this free AC3 filter that you mention something that can delay the sound within the PC?
    If so what is it and where can I get it?
    If not has anyone got any ideas of any software that can add a delay to the sound.

I have searched the forums for the answer to this and can only find many people asking the question, but no answers.

I realise that the audio-in will not be AC3 and so the AC3 filter probably won't work, but any ideas would be great. I also get the same problem with DVDs, so if the AC3 filter has a delay feature it could still be very usefull.

4. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    quite a few audio codecs (even FFDShow) have really good delay effects. with a HTPC external audio delay should never be needed IMO!

Stu

spencer, lucky you having an audigy 2, i can give you the best secret in the world *ever*

www.kxproject.com

go play. ;)

if you have any specific questions, fire up a new thread. I use kxdrivers in my car pc to put active crossovers, parametric EQing, and time alignment on all drivers. You can do cool stuff, a simple delay on all/any channel is the tip of the iceberg!

5. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    The AC3 filter is only good for file playback ie DVD that has AC3 on it. It cant be used to delay your SKY throughput.

6. spencer

spencer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like that is just what I've been looking for, for the past few weeks.

I'll get reading and playing soon. Thanks.

7. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    spencer, it is absolutely *awesome* the power of this thing. I dont use it in home, as i have no audigy 2 card, and no real need, as a SPDIF out to my yammy A1 works perfectly, and im not doing anything silly with my speakers atm.

however, i am sure ill run a 7.1 3 way active system at some point in my life, ill need 22 channels of amplification, and 3 audigy cards to do it, but it *will* do it, and it would be awesome ;)

Stu

and its free :D

8. JATH

JATH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried all the software you have mentioned and a load more without satisfactory results,with the felston unit you can adjust delay on ANY INPUT not just Dvd and also as dvd`s have lip sync to different degrees it`s so easy to adjust with this unit it`s just a matter of pointing the remote at the unit and adjusting it until lip sync is perfect which takes a few seconds at the beginning of a movie.

I have got a perfect picture thanks to powerstrip,ffdshow and reclock but the bad lip sync has been spoiling my dvd viewing for some time now.

If you find software does the trick for you then thats great but for me personally buying the Felston unit has been money well spent!
    Now back to that big screen! :D

9. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    good stuff Jath, i shall certainly remember that this hardware exists, may be useful in the future!

stu

10. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10