Promoted Content By Lion AVLion AV Tech, THX Video Training (Certified by THX Ltd), coming to Stansted UK, June 26-29th, hosted by Pulse Cinemas.
Now in our 2nd year of the added 4th day of training and including UHD / 4K, and HDR calibration and theory.
From THX, the brand your customers recognise and respect, comes a new professional-level certification workshop.
Join THX for a three-day Professional Video Systems Calibration workshop and gain the hands-on experience and skills you need to properly calibrate modern high definition video systems – practical knowledge that can start generating revenue for your business immediately.
Benefits of becoming a THX Certified Professional Video Systems Calibrator:
* Obtain the Video Calibration Certification
* Three instruction days, including two days of coached hands-on calibrating exercises
* Exposure and practice using a variety of the world’s best display devices and measurement equipment
* Access to the exclusive THX Video Calibrators' forum and extranet, which provides service menu data and calibration advice directly from THX professionals
* Your services and certification listed on the THX.com Web site
* Have access to use the coveted THX Certified Professional Video Calibration logo
* Offer your clients Professional THX Certified Video Calibration services
* A free demo DVD from THX
* CEDIA CEU Credit - 6.00 units for Level 1 (CEUP502) and 8.00 units for Level 2 (CEUP347)
Professional Certification Requirements:
* Attend the entire Video Calibration workshop
* Complete and pass Video Calibration online exam within 3 weeks of your course date
* Submit ten sample video calibrations for approval via the Web
* Prior THX Home Theater 1 Certification, or the completion of a Introduction to THX online exam (done after attending at no additional charge)
General Course Information
THX Education Program workshops include lunch on each day of the training. Attendees must cover their travel costs including airfare, hotels, parking and transportation, as well as breakfast and dinner. THX will provide all necessary classroom and workshop material, a certificate of completion and other cool THX stuff.
Hours of each day: 9am to 6pm for workshop activities, including structured lab work. Plan travel generously to allow for possible traffic or other delays. At some venues, additional non structured practice hours may be available. Please contact instructor for details.
About the Course:
The THX Certified Professional Video Systems Calibration Workshop is a professional program designed to take video calibrators to the next level. Comprised of workbook focused exercises on the first day, followed by two full days of supervised, hands-on practice, this THX workshop provides you with the necessary tools to start offering calibration services immediately.
During the interactive session you will be working with professional calibration equipment from manufacturers such as Minolta, Photo Research, Lumagen, Gretag MacBeth, Quantum Data, JETI, and Murideo. In addition, you will receive hands-on training on more than a dozen different displays including, LED and OLED panels, DLP LCOS and LCD projectors (with and without an anamorphic lens), various high end video processors, and multiple high end Blu-Ray and UHD players - all loaded with the latest HD and SD test discs. THX emphasizes color management systems and how to best adjust them to achieve true reference colors.
As soon as you complete this course you will be registered to access the THX Video Calibrators’ forum, www.lionavtech.com. This unique community gives you key industry information, such as the service level calibration codes needed for top quality calibration, as well as a direct Q&A forum to support you when working in the field.
In addition to being able to offer a premium calibration service, you will be able to offer THX Calibration plaques including a "THX Calibrated" certificate, and a thank you letter from THX. This marketing tool can be used to generate additional sales, helping to offset the cost of the workshop itself.
You are welcome to bring your own calibration tools to class. However, if you are interested in purchasing equipment, this class will help you identify the right tools to fit your needs.
For a limited time only, the course rate of $1,999, (normally $2,700), includes:
* All instruction
* Practical interactive exercises using state-of-the-art equipment
* Comprehensive course book
* Morning snacks and a full lunch each day
* A selection of discounted THX branded merchandise
*** Please register as soon as possible as space is limited. ***
Day One: CEDIA CEUP502: 6.0 CEUs
* History of Television (brief)
* Why We Calibrate
* What Makes a "Good" Image, Just Noticeable Differences (JND), and Video Performance
* Signal Path and Optimization Strategies
* Calibration Process
* Contrast Ratios and Screen Uniformity (Lab #1)
* Geometry & Convergence
* Contrast and Brightness (Lab #2)
* Color, Tint and Color Decoding (Lab #3)
* Sharpness and Enhancement Controls (Lab #4)
* Overview of color management systems (CMS)
* Overview of 3D LUTs (Look Up Tables)
Day Two: CEDIA CEUP503: 8 CEUs
* Calibration Process and Integration of Signal Generators
* Grayscale and Gamma
* Software and Hardware Choices (Lab #5)
* Competing Display Technologies
* Hands-On Grayscale Calibration with Different Technologies (Lab #6)
* Overview of Front Projector Setup, Hands-on Training, Keystone and Other Geometry Corrections & Screen Technologies
* Scaling Technologies
* Processing Issues; Progressive/Interlace
* De-interlacing with Examples from HD and DVD Benchmark Discs
* Environmental Issues
* Color Science and Color Standards Including Color Gamut (CCA and CMS) Management
* Approach to Calibrating CCA and CMA … Examples of Different Systems (Lab #7)
* 3D calibration techniques
* Calibration Road Map ... What Really Happens in a Calibration Session?
* Day & Night Modes (Lab #8) and Calibrating to Black & White Films
* Application of 3D Look Up Tables (LUT) and how they apply to home theater and post production
* The Future of display technology including discussion of Ultra HD (UHD / 4K), OLED, etc
* Online Exam & In-Field Calibrations
* Summary & Putting it All Together
Day Four - 4K - HDR
* Overview of Calibration and current best practice
* 4K (UHD) implications
* HDR implications
* New technology and future challenges
* Hands on training on the latest flat panels and projectors focusing on UHD, DCI and Rec 2020 Color Spaces, EOTF gamma manipulation, application of HDR to projectors.
Students discussing the class at the first UK Training at JVC:
AVForums’ Phil & Steve discussing the unique hands on training: