1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

linntronic ir receivers/transmittors

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by brendank, Dec 18, 2003.

1. brendank

brendank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  2. brendank

brendank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    anyone?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

3. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Puts IR transmitters and receivers on a bus (one set of wires going past every box), allowing you to use an IR remote from an box with a receiver, and program the control of any devices in sight of a transmitter.

A bit like a combined programmable learning remote and multiple IR extender.

Looks as though you can "piggy back" operations. For example "when the TV is turned on with its remote, dim the lights to 20%".

You're going to have to read the whole site if you really want to take it further.

4. brendank

brendank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks ancientgeek for the reply:)

just trying to figure it all out in my head first.

basically i have a bang olufsen tv,vcr, and speakers hooked up to a denon 3802 amp and denon dvd player. the bang olufsen remote beo 4 is quite a piece of work but operates on a different frequency to the denon equipment and can not therefore learn the commands.

i have also bought two lutron graffikeye light controls which are bang olufsen compatible still in box i hasten to add!!

i am trying to integrate everything so that i can control all my av equipment with the beo 4 as i can then use the beolink speakers in other rooms to listen to whatever av source i want to.

my question is that as this linntronic stuff appears to be compatible with bang olufsen equipment what exactly do i need to get to achieve complete or partial(as budget alows) integration of my av and lighting control

Thanks Again
    :confused: :confused: