Linn's Front and Back what's in the centre?

Simon78

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys - just wondered if anyone has an opinion they might share. Am a little new to all this so please allow for the naivety of some of the statements.

I am in the process of setting up a cinema room - Projector etc. I had no equipment at all but have just purchased a pair of Linn Keilidhs for the front and am in the process of acquiring Linn Kans for the rear - probably the mark I.

My first question is whether or not somebody could suggest a good (but not too expensive) centre speaker. There is one I am half considering at the moment which is the Monitor Audio Gold Reference Centre speaker finished in piano black - looks rather nice - but I have no concept of whether or not it will blend and what sort of quality it is.

I am also not sure at this stage quite what to do about an amp - the array seems never ending - suppose was thinking about the Denon 3805 but seems quite expensive all things considered and wondered how it might compare to the YAMAHA AV-Receiver RX-V 2500 titan - which I saw in a thread as being quite reasonable from a place in Germany on a c.o.d. basis.

One other point which I would be grateful for views on is the difference between the New Optoma H30a and the infocus 5700 projectors - are they completely different qualities and therefore incomoparable or has the new technology caught up somewhat with the old making the H30a the better value?

As you can see I still have so many decisions to make that some help would be much appreciated.

All views gratefully accepted.

Simon

im afraid i cant answer your question but Keilidhs are AWESOME!

I would get the Linn Trikan, it would be the best acoustic match for the rest of your speakers.

Optoma 30A vs In Focus 5700: no contest, you are talking about a £1000 projector versus a £2000 projector, what would you expect.

With regards to all of your problems, I would recommend taking some time to demo all of the products you are interested in and make your own mind up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom