1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linn's Front and Back what's in the centre?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Simon78, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Simon78

Simon78
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys - just wondered if anyone has an opinion they might share. Am a little new to all this so please allow for the naivety of some of the statements.

I am in the process of setting up a cinema room - Projector etc. I had no equipment at all but have just purchased a pair of Linn Keilidhs for the front and am in the process of acquiring Linn Kans for the rear - probably the mark I.

My first question is whether or not somebody could suggest a good (but not too expensive) centre speaker. There is one I am half considering at the moment which is the Monitor Audio Gold Reference Centre speaker finished in piano black - looks rather nice - but I have no concept of whether or not it will blend and what sort of quality it is.

I am also not sure at this stage quite what to do about an amp - the array seems never ending - suppose was thinking about the Denon 3805 but seems quite expensive all things considered and wondered how it might compare to the YAMAHA AV-Receiver RX-V 2500 titan - which I saw in a thread as being quite reasonable from a place in Germany on a c.o.d. basis.

One other point which I would be grateful for views on is the difference between the New Optoma H30a and the infocus 5700 projectors - are they completely different qualities and therefore incomoparable or has the new technology caught up somewhat with the old making the H30a the better value?

As you can see I still have so many decisions to make that some help would be much appreciated.

All views gratefully accepted.

Simon

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    im afraid i cant answer your question but Keilidhs are AWESOME!

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I would get the Linn Trikan, it would be the best acoustic match for the rest of your speakers.

Optoma 30A vs In Focus 5700: no contest, you are talking about a £1000 projector versus a £2000 projector, what would you expect.

With regards to all of your problems, I would recommend taking some time to demo all of the products you are interested in and make your own mind up.