Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Linn Unidisk 1.1

I have got to play with one these recently, the greatest

DVD player I know, interlaced or progressive
DVD Audio player I know
SACD player I know

And it is pretty serious on CD as well, there are only a handful of players I think are better here. Yes it might be £6500 list but this is simply the best player I have ever seen.

I am still getting to grips with what it can actually do but that HDCP DVI into a scaler (say KD HD Leeza) looks like it might be a killer combination. This is one great piece of kit, hey Linn are even OEM’ing the mechanism!

Anyone got any spare money, I haven't :mad:

I have emailed Linn over this but just have an autoreply out of office message. The manual isn't up on the site either yet. It is one of the issues I am trying to find out about at the moment

Fingers crossed they've got it right, especially after the dissapointment of Lexicon's RT10.

Originally posted by The Beekeeper
Linn Unidisk 1.1

I have got to play with one these recently, the greatest

DVD player I know, interlaced or progressive
DVD Audio player I know
SACD player I know

And it is pretty serious on CD as well, there are only a handful of players I think are better here. Yes it might be £6500 list but this is simply the best player I have ever seen.

I am still getting to grips with what it can actually do but that HDCP DVI into a scaler (say KD HD Leeza) looks like it might be a killer combination. This is one great piece of kit, hey Linn are even OEM’ing the mechanism!

Anyone got any spare money, I haven't :mad:

Sounds like a great spinner Bee.

Adzman

Originally posted by Spligsey
Sounds like a great spinner Bee.

It is, I just wish I could find more out about it ;)

Whats up with the Lexicon? I thought it was only me to have a poke at this when they planned SCART outputs! :devil:

Whats up with the Lexicon? I thought it was only me to have a poke at this when they planned SCART outputs!

As far as I can tell it has limited bass management for hi-res formats and also has the chroma bug since its based on a Pioneer/Marantz chipset. For the money you'd expect these issues to be resolved..

Will

I can see bass management as being an issue for some but surely no one is not buying the Lexicon just because it has a chroma bug which appears once in a blue moon under a special set of circumstances, most players actually have it and always have!

what about the new player from TEAC but designed in Asia i their asian high brand called Esoteric? This is $5000 and looks like a tank

Originally posted by GreenEagle
what about the new player from TEAC but designed in Asia i their asian high brand called Esoteric? This is $5000 and looks like a tank

Is that the DVD-A / SACD 'do it all' player you're on about?

I'm sure the 'Hi-Fi' boys will be keeping an eye on this.
They do love a TEAC transport.

Must say, the Unidisk looks a belter:lesson:

Adzman

The company I work for distributes the new Linn Movie System DI into independent retailers (i.e. non Linn dealers). The response we have had from from the new DI which uses the the very same processing engine Unidisk 1.1 has been great.

I have had a play with the DI and found the quality of sound and video to be exceptional. Tried both the component out (USA version) and the RGB Scart (UKversion).

Just under £3K is expensive for an all in one system... but it is a very good solution, if you don't want separates clutter or don't have the space.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom