Linn Sneaky Music DS

mesajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Linn Sneaky Music DS from Peter Tysons in Carlisle - I wanted something better than my Squeezebox Duet/Beresford DAC combo, I was close to buying a Transporter, then I head the Linn Sneaky Music DS - astonishing, it spanks Linn's £4k CD player, has a built in 2x20W amp and sounds pretty darn good...

Mark
:)

Does it work wirelessly or do you need a cable connection to the router?

I have heard they sound AMAZING. SQ is the main point i know, but i hear they are quite limited in term of other functionality/flexibility and horrible to operate though compared to SB, Sono's UI etc... how are you finding it coming from an SB?

I have heard they sound AMAZING. SQ is the main point i know, but i hear they are quite limited in term of other functionality/flexibility and horrible to operate though compared to SB, Sono's UI etc... how are you finding it coming from an SB?
It is just as flexible as the Transporter (sound formats, inputs, outputs excluding balanced), and the sound quality is astonishing for the price. I agree the GUI is not a patch on SqueezeCenter, it is basic, but has all the functions, just not as glitzy..

Mark

Mesajoe:
It uses a cable I'm afraid...

How very quaint

;)

Michael B.

I auditioned the Sneaky Ds and was underwhelmed with it after a lot of work loading the software and setting up the network after a few days I decided to keep my Ikemi and send the Sneaky Ds back....

I don't know if I was doing something wrong I used cat 5 cable,a £25 netgear ethernet switcher & usb Seagate freeagent 500gb drive....

I don't know if a more expensive switcher and Nas drive will make a difference...

Have you tried the Akurate pidge?

I auditioned it last week and it was superb.

I auditioned one last week with an Akurate Control and Chakra power amp with Ninka speakers but felt that whilst I am a believer in source first I felt it would be too good for my "old Linn system (Aktiv Lk140,100's,Kairn & Ninka's) and I would not hear it's true qaulities..

I don't know if a more expensive switcher and Nas drive will make a difference...

I don't think so, it will either work or not at all.

I tried my Sneaky MDS through Linn Silver unbalanced interconnects into my Klimax Kontrol, then into my Artikulat 350As. Both the Sneaky MDS and Klimax DS are miles better than my old Ikemi (albeit one of the first Ikemis made).. more detail, the timing is better, bass is much much much better, it all sounds (to me) more natural than the Ikemi.

I compared the Sneaky MDS to the Majik CD and Akurate CD and I think it beats both...

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom