1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linn Knowledge needed!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gunizzle, Jun 14, 2005.

1. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone with Linn Knowledge out there???

I am about to make a few Linn purchases namely (CLASSIK and 2 x KATAN speakers)

my question is this, how do i plug my TV into this so i get the best sound out of it??? whats the correct connection / cable to buy and what socket does it plug into? its a Panasonic 37 inch PW7 that i want to run - i will also be running sky + and a DVD player most probably direct into the TV.

Do i have those 2 going direct into the socket board then something from the board out into the CLASSIK??? is that how it works??

HELLPPP!!!!! www.complete-amateur.com!!!

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Quite easy dude, looking at the manual there are 3 inputs to use :

http://linfo.linn.co.uk/binaries/8166B8DA-C3B7-46E6-8614836BEAD9DE46/CLASSIK_Music.pdf

Aux, Tape 1 (In) Tape 2 (in) in addition to the Tape 2 (output) and the Preout (For PA usage) :

The Classik – Katan pairing is a lovely match FWIW, I would easily live with one, you may want to at some point conisder using a sub in tandem with the Katans (via the Classiks pre-outs & Subs low level connections) would make an excellent system, plumbing those bass depths.

So from your Sky box (Audio RCA output) with a pair of RCA-RCA Interconnects to the Aux input connection for TV & Sky. Then your DVD-V player again with a set of RCA ICs into the Tape 1 input for DVD-V use, buy a couple of sets of ICs like these to get started :

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PGA4201.html Or ask your Linn dealer to throw in some free ICs & some Linn LK20 speaker cable and your off dude.

3. gunizzle

gunizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate!! WICKED!!! ill post some pics of the setup once ive got it going!!