1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linn Classik speker suggestions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by dshtt, Dec 20, 2003.

1. dshtt

dshtt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    just bought a Linn Classik and want some small (ish ) speakers with quality sound. I have listened to Bose AM5 thought they sounded OK, but have read reports on poor quality, blah , blah.

Also like the Kef eggs, but the ones I listened too were not connected to the Sub.

Idealy I would like to connect 2 sets of spekers to the outputs on the Linn and wondered if I bought the Kefs (all 5) could I connect 4 speakers (2 in conservatory, 2 in kitchen) to the Sub to add bass to all 4 speakers??? I was also offered the Kefs without the Sub with the option of purchasing a different sub.

Hope you get the idea of what I'm trying to acheive any help would be appreciated.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Don't go there. The Eggs need the sub to be properly integrated with them and this will be tricky in two different areas. The Classik deserves better speakers than the Eggs for stereo too - these are primarily AV speakers and are not considered much more than Satellites.

You would be better off with a couple of sets of good bookshelf speakers such as Monitor Audio Bronze B2 or something from Mission or Wharfedale IMO. Perhaps even a stretch to the Kef Q1's? These will all play the full range of music's scale without the need for a sub.

Avoid Bose.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    As above...avoid Bose.....you will also find that Linn's electronics go very well with their speakers,so those would be worth a look in whatever price range you're looking in.
    Also worth a look would be B&W,Ruark,Spendor etc.

4. mikeburns

mikeburns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Yes the Linn Classik are great.