Linn Classik Music - how good is it & best prices?

D

dromoreroad

I am trying to get members views on the Linn Classik music - performance, value and whether anyone has been able to source at discounted prices?
dromoreroad

I bought a second hand one about nine months ago for about £500. Extremely good indeed. A very impressive one box solution. I'd recommend them.

dromoreroad said:
I am trying to get members views on the Linn Classik music - performance, value and whether anyone has been able to source at discounted prices?
dromoreroad

Linn Classik and Linn Katans are a system I have heard and could easily live with. Excellent synergy, also consider pairing with Castles & Quads.

Anyway some good deals :

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/offeronclassik.shtml

Hmmm Conways & Classik very nice.

On thing you may want to watch out for...

Linn have just discontinued everything else currently made in that shape box (LK series amps, Ikemi/Genik CD players etc.) and have announced a new Classik Movie in the wider "AV" format cases. It seems likely that they'll do the same with the Classik itself.

This may mean the opportunity to pick one up at a bargain price but could also mean that it's about to be replaced with newer, better version.

That said, the current one sounds lovely, and has a reasonable upgrade path through adding power amps etc. should you choose to do that in future.

Price wise, I've seen the current one for under £700, but I can't remember where...

Thank you all for your comments, much appreciated.

The Castle Conway / Linn sounds a good pairing....however
I bought a pair of AE Aesprit 309 speakers on impulse last year (from AE direct) probably after reading some Forum comments. I still haven't heard these and don't know how they will work with the Classik. I've read it can take some 3 months for these speakers to reach their best so it seems somewhat 'hit and miss' with regards to pairing up. The Classik option is based solely on third party reviews & it is a 'one-box' solution.

(AE have suggested a used Arcam AVR200, in preference to the A85 amp., as it offered better value for money. I don't recall if a particular CD player was recommended.)

My bottom line is £500 - to find the best solution!

dromoreroad said:
(AE have suggested a used Arcam AVR200, in preference to the A85 amp., as it offered better value for money. I don't recall if a particular CD player was recommended.)

My bottom line is £500 - to find the best solution!

For stereo, an A85 will blow away an AVR200. If it's just stereo you want an A85 is the best bet - I think you can pick them up for less than £500 second hand.

I am listening to my Linn Classik connected to AVI Neutron III speakers as I type this and could not be happier. Good luck if you can get them at a competitive price.

Ray

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom