1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linn Classik & MiniPods

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by no_mates, Apr 26, 2004.

1. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi,

Has anyone heard/own a Linn Classik Music and MiniPod combo? I've had Linn kit for years and the one box solution is just what I need at the minute. Any comments/alternatives?

Cheers
    Norm

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    No mates the Classik is widely regarded as a wonderful piece of kit, Ive heard one tied into Linns £600 Katans and it was wonderful sounding to these old ears. So I would recommend one without question, Ive also recently found out that the new Classik has a digital output so you can even upgrade this unit down the line with an offboard DAC, in addition to bolting on Linn PAs.

As for speakers the Minipods are funky looking devices but you can get better sound for the money IMHO, how about Quad or Castles ? A thread you may find interesting :

http://forum.hifichoice.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=10298

Quite simple dude there are no alternative to what this box offers IMHO.

3. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi CJ

Cheers for the reply, I've always had Linn kit and can't say a bad word about it. I actually have a Majik, LK100 and a pair of Keilidhs that I'm trading in to get the Classik. Over the years I've grown fed up with upgrading and now just want a one box 'lifestyle' system - hence the minipods. I actually think they are very good, especially on acoustic recordings, of course there's not the bass that the Keilidhs have but I'll maybe get a sub some day.
    Thanks CJ

4. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    Well that’s all that matters NM !! I was not sure you had them yet hence the suggestion of the other speakers. Enjoy dude. Fine little unit you got there.

5. no_mates

no_mates

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Cheers CJ.