Linn classic Afekt subwoofer

spiceman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've just made a hasty decision to buy this sub for 75 Pounds, I've connected it to my Yamaha rvx677 but at the moment it seems rather slow to react and keeps going to sleep Into standby at low volume.
Is this subwoofer too old and newer subs much more improved?

If it has an On/Auto/Off switch then place it in the On position.

Hi, I've just made a hasty decision to buy this sub for 75 Pounds, I've connected it to my Yamaha rvx677 but at the moment it seems rather slow to react and keeps going to sleep Into standby at low volume.
Is this subwoofer too old and newer subs much more improved?

That's a great price, well done!

First of all:

1. What are your other speakers - satellites or floorstanders?
2. According to the online manual I could find, the default setting is 120 Hz! This might explain why it seems to be running slow.
3. There's a reference to this on this Forum:

As @gibbsy says, try keeping it switched on rather than in standby. Do you have a picture of the back controls you can show us?

That's a great price, well done!

First of all:

1. What are your other speakers - satellites or floorstanders?
2. According to the online manual I could find, the default setting is 120 Hz! This might explain why it seems to be running slow.
3. There's a reference to this on this Forum:

As @gibbsy says, try keeping it switched on rather than in standby. Do you have a picture of the back controls you can show us?
Thank you for the replies.
No switch on the back to keep it permanently switched on.

The other speakers are small diamond shaped monitor audio satellites.
Screenshot_2019-12-10-12-04-01-397_com.dropbox.android.jpg
1575979505070..jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191207_135857.jpg
    IMG_20191207_135857.jpg
    824.9 KB · Views: 508
Okay, thanks for the information.

It seems you can adjust your Sub's speed of response, so even if it switches itself off (and Subs do do this as it's rare for a film to have constant LFE activity) it will switch back on again so rapidly you won't even notice.

Have you searched through this Forum (or the dedicated Subwoofer Forum) for any queries regarding having a Sub that basically controls itself? Have you Googled a similar query?

Sorry I can't help you any further as any Sub I've owned always had the option to have it switched on permanently, as well as Auto (like yours) and Off. That was a bit of a design oversight by Linn.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom