1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linn Claasik

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by dshtt, Jan 19, 2004.

1. dshtt

dshtt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I bought a Classik just before Christmas, it is a wonderfull piece of kit, however it developed problems with the tuner. I spoke with the retailer Peter Tyson, who (wait for this) said would it be ok to totally replace the unit at my convenience and they would arrange for collection by courier of my faulty unit. You can't beat that for service. I purchased via the web and they also gave me a very good price for the Linn.

They have also stated that problems with the LInn kit are few and far between. The tuner on my replacement is about as good as I have ever heard analogue radio.

I thought some good service should be acknowledged.

2. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    A bit cheeky, but can I ask how much you paid and what speakers you are partnering with it?
    Azzo.

3. dshtt

dshtt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Quad 11L speakers sound and look really good, especially in the birds eye maple.
    I paid £779.90 cheapest I could find with dealers that had stock.
    I think they have been as low as £759 but if I had a choice knowing what I know now about the need for good service, 20 is nothing!

4. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for that, thinking of getting some B&W 600S3 (Like the lok of) first to go with my exissting equipment, but maybe upgrading to a classik later this year.
    Hope you are enjoying yours as much as the reviewers say.
    Azzo.