1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linn AV5125 5 channel power amp

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Matt F, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, has anyone out there managed to audition Linn's 5 channel power amp? I haven't noticed any magazine reviews of it.

Retailing at £1750, I'm curious as to how it compares with the other 5 channel power amps out there i.e. is it worth the extra grand or so over the Rotel THX amps (985MKII/1075)? and how does it stack up against the more expensive TAG and Bryston offerings?

Matt.
    :confused:

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The AV5125 power amp is very capable. It will supply 125w RMS 8ohm per channel with a total of 500w RMS at any one time (ie 5x 100w).

It is very good sounding, and much better than the Rotels etc in stereo.

I've only heard it as a apckage with Linn's Av5103 preamp, and an install last week with an MK K-series speaker system it sounded amazing!

Well worth it.

3. richard greene

richard greene
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Linn Unidisk SC and was going to buy an AV5125 would this be a good match ?
    Can I connect digitally ? or only analogue ? would I be able to play SACD discs fully ?