• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Linn Aktiv Cards defective for Klout Amp and Keltik Speakers

mrhighnotes

Novice Member
Linn Aktiv Cards defective for Klout Amp and Keltik Speakers. Now I have gone and done it. Had a two Klouts with Aktiv Cards amping one Keltik speaker go out a couple years ago. Still had two Klouts with Aktiv Cards powering another Keltik. I thought the Klouts had gone down and eventually found some used Klouts. Come to find out the Aktiv Cards were the problem. Now one newer functioning Klout that I installed the bad Aktiv Cards in, once I removed the aktiv cards is not functional. I am getting red LED on one channel and blinking red to green on the other. Not a good thing, replacement parts are hard to come by and what seemed like a few simple connects with what I thought were good cards has turned into 3 bad cards 1 mid and 2 bass and the connects are a bit old a brittle. Good thing is I have two Klouts running good for one speaker. I also have 2 Klouts up and running and have 3 Klouts with enough parts to probably get 1 or 2 up and running if they don’t have the same issues affecting each one. Has anyone experienced the cards messing up the channels and have any idea what the defective cards may have messed up on the Klouts. Already thinking I will need to get some Aktiv cards to replace the defective ones, but maybe able to repair the cards if I can figure out if a part that is solderable to remove and replace is shorting or defective. Also, would like to figure out what is wrong with defective Klouts and get them up and running. I have a Klout Service manual that suggests replacing boards and swapping out things until you isolate the problem. My concern is by swapping out boards I may make it worse. I like the amps and the speakers and want to get all up and running again. Anyone have information to help me get started? Maybe a source for parts? Experiences that are similar? This is turning into a project I will have to do some learning about electronic repair and my biggest concern is lack of experience with soldering parts on and off boards. Any useful thoughts or direction would be appreciated.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Linn Aktiv Cards defective for Klout Amp and Keltik Speakers.

Now I have gone and done it!

Had a two Klouts with Aktiv Cards amping one Keltik speaker go out a couple years ago. Still had two Klouts with Aktiv Cards powering another Keltik. I thought the Klouts had gone down and eventually found some used Klouts. Come to find out the Aktiv Cards were the problem. Now one newer functioning Klout that I installed the bad Aktiv Cards in, once I removed the aktiv cards is not functional.

I am getting a red LED on one channel and blinking red to green on the other. Not a good thing, replacement parts are hard to come by and what seemed like a few simple connects with what I thought were good cards has turned into 3 bad cards 1 mid and 2 bass and the connects are a bit old a brittle. Good thing is I have two Klouts running good for one speaker. I also have 2 Klouts up and running and have 3 Klouts with enough parts to probably get 1 or 2 up and running if they don’t have the same issues affecting each one.

Has anyone experienced the cards messing up the channels and have any idea what the defective cards may have messed up on the Klouts? Already thinking I will need to get some Aktiv cards to replace the defective ones, but maybe able to repair the cards if I can figure out if a part that is solderable to remove and replace is shorting or defective.

Also, would like to figure out what is wrong with defective Klouts and get them up and running. I have a Klout Service manual that suggests replacing boards and swapping out things until you isolate the problem. My concern is by swapping out boards I may make it worse. I like the amps and the speakers and want to get all up and running again.

Anyone have information to help me get started? Maybe a source for parts? Experiences that are similar? This is turning into a project I will have to do some learning about electronic repair and my biggest concern is lack of experience with soldering parts on and off boards. Any useful thoughts or direction would be appreciated.

I broke your massive wall of text down to something somebody might read. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom