Linn 40th Anniversary Factory Tour - article discussion

Lusted after a Sondek when they first came out. Got a second hand one a few years ago. Great! All I need now is the cash to fully update it. 6 lucky numbers please.

I had thoughts of owning a Sondek. But I have a Thorens TD125 MK2 turntable with an SME 3009 series fixed head tone arm and a Shure V15 MK3 cartride from new, and all in mint condition and full working order. Therefore I will continue with this setup.
It's a moot point of course whether the large-ish outlay from what I have would garner the same sort of increase in sound quality. I think it would be a case of diminishing returns here for me. Anyway that's all academic as I will stick with what i've got.

Nice article by the way, and as with many companies over this side of the pond providing a great after sales service with reasonable priced upgrades on older models. :smashin:

No point in changing your excellent setup. As you say the law of diminishing returns would make such a change pointless. Plus the TD125 must be far easier to setup properly.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom