Linksys X3500 dual band router

gers1978

Prominent Member
Reaction score
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Can't help with the Linksys X3500 I'm afraid, but I'm interested in which Netgear model you had problems with. What kind of issues and which model was it, DGND3700 (N600) or DGND4000 (N750) ?

Can't remember, it was £149.99 in PC World about 3 months ago?

It had constant ADSL drop outs, no internet, etc. A few Amazon reviewer had the same problems, but I took a chance.

I bought an x3500 about 3 weeks ago. I, too, had difficulty finding reviews but thought Linksys was a good make and preferred a router with a modem rather than a separate one so went ahead.

I found it extremely easy to set up and particularly liked a feature where you can download onto a memory stick all the settings necessary for getting other computers up and running. The interface is also a model of clarity - changing channels to find one all the neighbours weren't using was very easy.

It's quite good looking and the display lights aren't too bright and can be easily turned off. There's a nice feature for guests to use the wifi with their own password. Again this can be switched off.

The range is, just about, ok. I have a 4 storey house and the router is located between the 2nd and third and can I pick up signals everywhere from the basement to the top floor. However the signal on 5 GHz is a fair bit weaker than that on 2.4. I haven't had any dropouts but have had one or two occasions when my computer couldn't find the signal when I first turned it on & I was a long way from the router.

I guess that the ideal router is one you don't notice apart from when you need to change something. This fits that bill very well.

Last edited:
I also bought one a week or so back.
Everything has worked fine so far, with the exception of "Wide" channels for the 2.4n side - the choice is Auto or 20 only. No 40. I have chosen Auto since I have a few "g" devices, but this stubbornly will not give 2 channels.
The 5.0n side is fine, giving 450mbps.
Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom