1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Links 2004, people still playing Live?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Tetlee, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Hi all,
    Well, never managed to set up Router connection for Xbox live, but for now I've set up with ISC and finaly it's working:D I'm gonna go buy my first Live game tommorow, just wondering what to get, thinking about Links 2004, are there still plenty of people playing that game Live? and is it cool game for the casual gamer like myself (used to be a big fan of the Actua Golf series way back when;) ), I'm not a golfer but I want just an easy going fun game to get started.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Most people seem to play later in the evening, proably to chill out a bit after their mammoth RS3 or PGR2 sessions that evening. So in short yes people are still playing Links, some of them are just too damn good thou!!!

3. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Do play it a bit - its a damn good game especially for the £20 Game were doing it for. Like iamtheone says usually play it later at night to relax after a killing spree on R6

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Yeah, sounds like just the thing I'm after, but no buggers had it in stock in town today :censored: . Anyway, I bought Raindow Six 3 Xbox (from MVC, was only £19.99 so well pleased that I gave that store a visit, was £39.99 everywhere else. While I was in there I picked up SSX 3 for the PS2 with network play (£15.00 MVC). Well, guess they'll tide me over for a bit, gonna order my Live starter kit from Amazon as soon as they forward me my £3.00 discount voucher, will give me some time to practice Rainbow Six before gettin my arse kicked online :laugh:

5. davenich

davenich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've bought Links today, so give me a shout when you manage to get online with it, we'll have a hack around the courses. I'm usually online from 6-8, depending on flatmate!

Dixon's have apparently got it for £20 as well, so try there.

6. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Will do mattie! would be cool to play another noob to the game, I might try Exeter tommorow and see if they have it. I won't be able to go Live untill maybe mid week next week though as I have to order the Live starter kit which I'll do before the weekend is out, shame I can't get it for £35 in the highstreet, the £10 difference between net and highstreet is too big!

7. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
  8. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Hey Davenich,
    how's the Links going? I finally received my copy today, been playing it just now, seems like a great game.
    Hopefully be giving it a bash(literally;) ) on Live the weekend, maybe see ya there if you haven't turned pro already :thumbsup:

9. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

cheers for the link ive just ordered links 2004 how long did yours take to deliver?. I will look forward to playing online.

10. davenich

davenich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hiya tetlee. Had a bit of a play offline. It's a cracking game, but I was finding the beginner game a bit easy (winning each game by 6 or 7 shots) so I moved up a level. I haven't had a go at the online game yet, PM me when you're about.

What's your gamertag, now that you're set up online?

I'll be around after the GP today, and most of next week as I'm off work at the mo after the dentists butchered my wisdom teeth!

Fore!!

11. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Hi Both,

Mr Screen,
    Good choice friend, it's a great game! Powerplaydirect were by no means the fastest to deliver, it was just under 2 weeks from order to doorstep. But at the end of the day, their price on that game seemed way better than anywhere else I could find so it was worth the wait:)
    Let us know when you receive it, we'll have a chip around, I only played a few live games yet and there are alot of pro's so it'd be cool to play some other noobs to the game :smashin:

davenich,
    Great, so we can play a few games this week with a bit of luck, I might be up for a game or 2 later so I'll PM you if I get chance
    :smashin: Oh and my gamertag is now listed in my sig.

See you all on the fairway :thumbsup:

12. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let us know when you receive it, we'll have a chip around,

Sounds like a good idea tetlee :smashin:

First i will search around for a good deal on the kit i need to get connected.

:cool:

13. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  14. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Hi Mr Screen,
    That sounds like a pretty good deal, I looked at that one, although there are alot of cheap PGR2's on ebay so it might be worth getting the live kit on it's own, I think you'll find in that package PGR2 doesn't have a proper box, so if you later want to sell it on you probably wouldn't get much for it, was what put me off as I was unsure if I'd like PGR2 and I heard the Live games are full of total pro's, a bit of a casual gamer myself :smoke:
    I bought my Live starter kit from Amazon, they sell new for £29.99 with free postage, I searched everywhere but that seemed the best offer, and if you create a new account with Amazon as I did you also get an extra £3.00 deducted from that price:D
    Can't remeber how long my Live kit took to arrive but it wasn't long, better get it ordered though ready to tee off the Live :thumbsup:

15. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Oh, and BTW, if you did decide to go for that PGR2 package, you can buy it from the high street for an extra £4.00, would save you waiting around. Game and Virgin I think sell the same package for £59.99. But IMO you're better off buying the Live kit seperate and you could probably pick up a copy of PGR2 for as little as £15 on ebay, the price of them really varies day to day so you have to keep checking.

16. Mr Screen

Mr Screen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok Mate

I think Amazon is as good as anywere and as you say the delivery is quick,right were is my credit card :) i will definitely be up for a game in the near future.
    Keep in touch

Mr Screen