Linking various PIRs and lights

JDXAV

We have about 8 outside floodlights and the same number of PIRs but in various combinations not just 1:1... 3 lights along the house controlled by 2 PIRs, that sort of thing. In a perfect world having some of my runs of lights overlap would be great but this gets pretty messy in terms of wiring.
I've thought for a while being able to link PIRs to lights wirelessly would be great so I can map each PIR to the lights it controls, etc.

I don't want to use smart-cameras to control my lights and I don't want battery powered sensors, or Ring, or some system that ties me into some proprietary app - it should be local not rely on internet control. I kind of want traditional style devices that have network control. I've struggled to see much out there although I did come across LED floodlights with Quinetic built in.

Anyone come across anything like this that I could drop in as replacements for existing components?

JDXAV

Fun but not something I really have time for right now - would be a cool project (I'm a coder by day).

It just seems frustrating you seemingly can't quite get there. I was surprised to discover that the craze for smart lights and bluetooth has now reached security lights, RGB models so you can make them flash in time to music, etc.

This is almost what I'm after: Smart WiFi PIR Floodlight 10/20w - Wifi CCT | LEDlite (LTFLPWIFI) but it uses some random app (presumably server in China) and I don't like that extra link. Quinetic sell a PIR but it says it's not compatible with their floodlights (which makes no sense to me) and I don't know if you can interlink multiple lights and PIRs. Quinetic PIR Internal & External - IP65 | Quinetic (QUPIR)

I guess turning lights on remotely is easy, you can get zwave or zigbee relays which could retrofit to your existing system. But the PIR side seems tricky. Maybe there's a market for creating this!

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Fun but not something I really have time for right now - would be a cool project (I'm a coder by day).

It just seems frustrating you seemingly can't quite get there. I was surprised to discover that the craze for smart lights and bluetooth has now reached security lights, RGB models so you can make them flash in time to music, etc.

This is almost what I'm after: Smart WiFi PIR Floodlight 10/20w - Wifi CCT | LEDlite (LTFLPWIFI) but it uses some random app (presumably server in China) and I don't like that extra link. Quinetic sell a PIR but it says it's not compatible with their floodlights (which makes no sense to me) and I don't know if you can interlink multiple lights and PIRs. Quinetic PIR Internal & External - IP65 | Quinetic (QUPIR)

I guess turning lights on remotely is easy, you can get zwave or zigbee relays which could retrofit to your existing system. But the PIR side seems tricky. Maybe there's a market for creating this!
I've just installed 2 similar floodlights this morning. The app is Smartlife, lots of IOT devices use it. Chinese with the closet server somewhere in Western Europe. These and 4 bulkheads are triggered by standalone WiFi motion sensors, (routines and schedules), so my 3 sensors don't need to be need to be located where the lights are installed.

I'm a plug n play guy, but I believe a smarter person could get all this working locally using Home Assistant?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom