• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Linking TV's with Laptop question

rossef2

Novice Member
Guys and Girls,

My first post on here as I seem to have came to a dead end in my quest to try and find an answer from google.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys could tell me if this set up is possible and if so, how I'd go about it. I've got a few TV's in different rooms all the same make, LG. Seeing as I like to sit in different rooms and use my laptop but can't really be bothered hauling my laptop room to room, carrying the charger etc I was wondering if I could link my Laptop to all the TVs in my house, by this I mean I could press a certain source on my remote and my Windows desktop would be there? All I'd need when going room to room would be a wireless keyboard and mouse? I would think it possible to wire all the TV's so that the all display the same screen and situate the computer in a central enough position that it would receive my wireless signal from my keyboard/mouse?

Just wondering what your thoughts were on this?

Cheers, Ross

limegreenzx

Banned
I think it depends on why you want to view things from a laptop on a TV. Many LG TVs have very good media players built in. So if it's for movies or music you could run a media server on your laptop. You can also use Chromecast (£30 each) to cast YouTube, chrome etc to any TV with a Chromecast dongle. My LG TV supports miracast and Intel widi so this maybe possible on your laptop.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom