Linking to home network

S

Strator

Finaly got my chance to set up our new toy last night, all fine untill I got to putting the WEP/SSED (running hidden) settings into the little white box, it was having none of it :confused: finaly looked into making the router visible to the world before locking it down again when I noticed that my crib sheet had the word "netgear" written on it, and I got rid of that thing a couple of years ago ... doh! moment :blush: ... with correct crib sheet (and codes) all installed in minutes :thumbsup:

Strator:hiya:

Same here, connected easily to my netgear wireless router.
Unlike my 360 which can be a pain in the ars@ sometimes.

I haven't got my wii yet, but i'm curious about network connectivity. Is it like the DS in that it only supports WEP? I have my home network protected with WPA.

I haven't got my wii yet, but i'm curious about network connectivity. Is it like the DS in that it only supports WEP? I have my home network protected with WPA.

You are in luck, the Wii supports WPA (and is working quite nicely at mine with it - in fact i found it easier than some pc's i have setup.

HTH,

Gareth

The security settings you can choose from are as follows:
WEP
WEP-PSK (TKIP)
WPA-PSK (AES)
WPA2-PSK (AES)

Good to hear :). I'm having to run the DS off a USB wifi Dongle atm.

I only finally set mine up last night. Being a bit new to wireless networks i gave up when i first unpacked my Wii. I only realised how simple it was by searching these forums.:thumbsup:

I'm currently installing a Wii for a friend. It refuses to find the wireless network despite the fact that the router is within spitting distance.

I refuse to believe the wireless range is that limited. The router is a D-Link DI524.

Any ideas?

I'm using MAC filtering, so I manually added the Wii MAC address to the router and it now connects fine.

for some reason my wii would not find my wireless network when i first got it, i tried numerous times and got pretty exasperated, i was talking to my neighbour about it and he kindly allowed me to give it a try on his wireless network and it worked and updated itself.

after the update it now connects fine to my wireless network.

so if anyone else is having connection problems if you can somehow get the latest update on it (2.2e i think) then that may solve wireless network issues.

I added the Wii manaually to the router and successfully connected and updated the software/firmware.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom