Linking PC to 360

D

Deadsquirrel

Hi guy's

I have not been able to link my Windows PC to my 360 yet (bit of a technical dimwit) can you guy's help me out.

The PC is located downstairs and i use NETGEAR wireless equipment to get onto XBOX Live as my 360 is upstairs (Router MR814v2 with the ME101 Ethernet Bridge plugged into the 360)

How do i get the 360 to recognise that the PC is there?

Deadsquirrel said:
Hi guy's

I have not been able to link my Windows PC to my 360 yet (bit of a technical dimwit) can you guy's help me out.

The PC is located downstairs and i use NETGEAR wireless equipment to get onto XBOX Live as my 360 is upstairs (Router MR814v2 with the ME101 Ethernet Bridge plugged into the 360)

How do i get the 360 to recognise that the PC is there?

I had a little problem with this...

have you installed the windows media connect software?

is you pc connect to the internet which shares with the wireless router or....is the internet connected to the router then to the pc?

does it have to be media centre or will xp pro work ok
where do i get this program from

You have to download it from the Xbox website. You intsall it on your PC and then it will search for compatible devices e.g. the 360

With XP you need to install "Windows Media Connect" to allow your 360 to stream music and photos.

Please note ONLY media centre 2005 will stream video, XP SP2 can not

Go to http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/pcsetup/default.htm

And click the setup button and it'll guide you through!

djmetsandy said:
I had a little problem with this...

have you installed the windows media connect software?

is you pc connect to the internet which shares with the wireless router or....is the internet connected to the router then to the pc?

I have installed Windows Media Connect (don't have a Windows Media PC, but i only want to access my music anyway)

Windows Media Connect on the PC can find and accept the XBOX 360, however the XBOX360 cannot find the PC

My cable modem is connected to the router, then from the router to the PC

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom