Question Linking my Arcam Amp to Airport Express

Lewisman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been living abroad for a few years, and am in the process of moving back home. Before heading away I was very much a 'CD' man, having a decent collection, and a nice simple setup of Arcam Amp & CD player, attached to some KEF floors standers. Whilst away it's been more convenient to stream from my iPad/iPhone to a B&W A7.

So, I now want to be able to stream to my Arcam setup. I have an Apple AirPort Express, and I believe that it could be a suitable link between my Arcam Amp & my iPhone/iPad.

I took this photo earlier of the back of my Amp (please excuse the dust - I've been away for 4 years :blush: ) ....

image.jpg

& this is the rear of the Airport Express ...

image.jpg

So my question is: will this setup work, and if so, what cable will I require to link to Airport Express to my Amp ?

Thanks in advance for any help :smashin:.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
So my question is: will this setup work, and if so, what cable will I require to link to Airport Express to my Amp ?
Yes (though assumes you've already sorted out how you want to connect the Airport Express to the same network your iPhone/iPad are using).
Any bog standard stereo 3.5mm jack to RCA cable will do, since your only choice is to use the Airport Express's analogue output with one of the standard analogue line inputs of the Arcam amp.

Yes (though assumes you've already sorted out how you want to connect the Airport Express to the same network your iPhone/iPad are using).
Any bog standard stereo 3.5mm jack to RCA cable will do, since your only choice is to use the Airport Express's analogue output with one of the standard analogue line inputs of the Arcam amp.

Thanks for the feedback.

I assumed I'd be able to connect the Airport Express to my existing wifi network ?

Yes, you can certainly connect the Airport Express to an existing WiFi network and use it for AirPlay streaming, by setting it up in Client Mode. Once connected, you should be able to see the Airport Express as an AirPlay device to select to stream to on the iPad/iPhone, just like the B&W A7.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom