Linking camcorder to dvd recorder

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by pdhowes, Mar 27, 2006.

1. pdhowes

pdhowes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony RDR HXD 910 dvd recorder and a Panasonic PV -GS70 digital camcorder, but I can't get the two pieces of equipment to talk to each other. The camcorder recognises firewire and I am able to download to my computer by this means. The dvd recorder recognises that something is attached to it when I plug a firewire cable into the i-Link, but it doesn't recognise the camcorder when this is on the other end of the firewire cable. Is there a problem of incompatibility between the two , or is there something I am failing to do?

2. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    Is it that you cannot record off the camcorder by manually pressing play/ record or that unlike the PC you would like to sycronise the recording by using the device DVD recorder to control it?

3. pdhowes

pdhowes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically what I want to do is to transfer recordings on digital tape from the camcorder to either the hard drive of my dvd recorder or a blank dvd.

4. senu

senu
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    If you hit play on the camcorder and record on the DVD recorder does this not happen? ( You may need to check the dv cable as they are not always OK). Another thing to check is the menu system on the camcorder to ensure the DV port is enabled to output