Linking a picture from Laptop to Sony AV Amp??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MarkR, Apr 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Hi folks,
    I want to link my laptop picture through my Sony AV amp (STR-DB940) so it displays on my tv (Tosh 42WH18). I have linked the source through video 3 and the sound comes through OK, however, I cannot seem to get a picture. If I link the laptop directly to the TV I can get the picture to display without a problem. I set it up by going to:-
    Control Panels - Appearance and themes - change the screen resoultion - settings - advanced - nview display mode - device settings - select output device and from there simply selected TV mode PAL. I cannot seem to get it to work connecting it thorugh the AV amp. Can anybody guide me on how to this if possible.
    Thanks in advance!! :)

2. tom_nieto

tom_nieto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you checked that that specific sound source is connected to the video output. I might be different to what you expect. Something to keep you going anyway...

3. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Thanks for the quick response. I can get the sound working through the Amp without a problem, all leads are going into Video 3 in. I am sure the problem lies within the computer with regards to a setting I may not be doing correctley in order for it to output a picture signal, I maybe wrong though. :confused: