Linking 2 sets of wireless headphones to home cinema system?

Reaction score
Hi All,
Would really appreciate some help with headphones for watching films. Does anyone know if I can link 2 sets using Bluetooth and if so any recommendations for headphones for around £100 per set?
I have a HT setup but the only place for it in new house is a room below my baby daughters bedroom. This means we can't really use it when she's in bed (and she makes sure we can't use it when she's not! :). I want to get some headphones for me and my wife to use, and would like wireless - but is this an option?
I have a Denon X2200W linked to a PJ. The amp has Bluetooth, but i don't know if you can connect multiple devices, and also I've heard that bluetooth sound can have a lag over the picture, which would make films unwatchable. If so any recommendations for headphones? I ideally DON'T want noise cancelling and would also prefer open backs if there are any at this price.
Or should I be looking at RF headphones? I guess if this isn't an easy or affordable option I can just get wired headphones but seems a bit 90's!
Thanks for the help,
Matt

I’ve been using two sets of Sennheiser RS120 RF headphones for a fair few years now. The biggest pain with them is the static when the audio goes off. I bought them when our son was very young for the same reason.

I’ve been using two sets of Sennheiser RS120 RF headphones for a fair few years now. The biggest pain with them is the static when the audio goes off. I bought them when our son was very young for the same reason.
I guess with RF the base transmits so you don't have to worry about connecting 2 devices to the amp? There aren't many RF sets around so I've gone for 2 BT pairs and a dual BT transmitter. Apparently new aptx codec removes any lag issues. We'll see! Ordered Sony XB900Ns as I figure the extra base will be good for films, and they have a good ambient sound mode so should be able to hear baby monitor!

To guarantee the elimination of lag you specifically need aptX LL (standing for Low Latency) on the Bluetooth headphones and transmitter. Those Sony’s have standard aptX and aptX HD but not LL. Therefore there might be some lag like I get with my Sony WH1000XM2 headphones - which I find noticeable but just within tolerable. Anything outside of aptX LL can sometimes have no lag but is a lottery and cannot be predicted either way beforehand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom