Linkin Park - January tour

UKflames

Linkin Park have announced 5 dates in January 2008 when they will be coming to the UK:

24th - Nottingham
25th - Sheffield
27th - Manchester
28th & 29th - London (o2)

I'm going to the Nottingham show on the 24th January, anyone else going to this show or any of the other dates???

o THE CHAD o

Novice Member
28th jan at the o2.

can't wait,going to be a great show.

any rumours as to who the special guests might be?

led zep?........:rotfl:

UKflames

No haven't heard anything, might pop over to lpunderground and see if they have any news.

Probably more fun to wait until the night:thumbsup:

mjn

Distinguished Member
Lets hope they don't play anything from their last album.

UKflames

Lets hope they don't play anything from their last album.
I really liked the last album, it was what got me into them in the forst place. i then went out and got all of the pther albums, which I haven't stopped playing since.

paddyspurs

Novice Member
Got seats for the O2 on the 28th - Block 101 next to the stage on pre sale - Well pleased:clap:

Support act according to NME is Biffy Clyro (It just gets better :smashin:)

UKflames

Got seats for the O2 on the 28th - Block 101 next to the stage on pre sale - Well pleased:clap:

Support act according to NME is Biffy Clyro (It just gets better :smashin:)
I saw that as well, I think they are supporting the whole tour. I've never heard or seen them so could be interesting.

UKflames

Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to park for the Nottingham arena:lease:

GarethP

Recommended parking for Nottingham Arena is on Stoney Street, but it get's manic trying to get out along with everyone else. The parking machines never have any change either!

We always park in the NCP on Upper Parliament Street (Toll House Hill end) - a bit further away but it's nice and secure costs about £3-£4 for the evening and is only a 10 minute walk across town to the arena...

Attachments

UKflames

Recommended parking for Nottingham Arena is on Stoney Street, but it get's manic trying to get out along with everyone else. The parking machines never have any change either!

We always park in the NCP on Upper Parliament Street (Toll House Hill end) - a bit further away but it's nice and secure costs about £3-£4 for the evening and is only a 10 minute walk across town to the arena...
Thanks gareth, appreciate that, I'll look it up.:thumbsup:

Are you going by any chance or just being helpful??

paddyspurs

Novice Member
We're considering it. We picked up flyers after the Foos concert a few weeks back....
Dude - What are you waiting for :eek: If you saw the Foo's at the O2 you know how good the venue is and if you check out some of the vids on youtube of their tour in the fareast at the mo they look frickin awesome :clap:

o THE CHAD o

Novice Member
Just got back from the o2 gig.

WOW!!! what an amazing gig....one of the best ive ever been to and i was lucky enough to see Led Zeppelin recently.

Was on level 1,block 101,row M....superb seats well worth the money i paid for them.

A brilliant,brilliant night.

UKflames

Hey chad, glad you had a good night, if they were anything like they were last Thursday at Nottingham you had a corker:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:.

The band really seemed to be into the whole show and the crowd just lapped it all up.

On the hunt now for a copy of the live set that came part of the digi pack tickets. I didn't get one unfortuntely but nothing wrong with trying.:smashin:

o THE CHAD o

Novice Member
Hey chad, glad you had a good night, if they were anything like they were last Thursday at Nottingham you had a corker:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:.

The band really seemed to be into the whole show and the crowd just lapped it all up.

On the hunt now for a copy of the live set that came part of the digi pack tickets. I didn't get one unfortuntely but nothing wrong with trying.:smashin:
I dont think ive ever enjoyed a gig more!!

I too am after a digipack as i didnt buy one with my ticket,but now i really want the mp3 of the gig!

owen021173

any joy on the digipack front?? i went to sheffield on friday and was totally blown away!!!
i rang hallam arena sat morning about the digipack but was told that i wasnt the only one to ring and that the promoters had removed it from sale???:confused:
anyway 3.30 sunday afternoon ,got the jitters, phoned ticketmaster just to enquire:rolleyes: and ended up a 4pm driving through to the m.e.n arena to see them again:clap::clap: got block 115 row B as close as you can get near enough to the stage:smashin:
dont know which one i preferred tbh:eek:manchester was closer but very,very loud! sheffield further away but sounded better plus the intro in sheffield was unreal,started with 'no more sorrow' and manchester started with 'given up' didnt quite hav the same vibe for some reason,dont know why as both gigs were amazing and i will not forget for a long time just wish i could go to the o2 arena tonight:rotfl:
look on youtube for some videos of sheffield and manchester, some good ones on there
C YA

Shoka

Novice Member
I've got to admit I really don't like linkin park that much any more, but Biffy Clyro are supporting I believe, who are truly amazing live. Check them out if you haven't already.

Hope anyone who goes has fun, I've not been to the O2 for a gig (went when it was the Milenium Dome) and would love to hear what its like.

UKflames

I've got to admit I really don't like linkin park that much any more, but Biffy Clyro are supporting I believe, who are truly amazing live. Check them out if you haven't already.

Hope anyone who goes has fun, I've not been to the O2 for a gig (went when it was the Milenium Dome) and would love to hear what its like.
I have to disagree on Biffy Clyro, I was very disappointed in them, they even started with a Foo fighters song at Nottingham:eek: not one of their own tracks:thumbsdow

Chad - I'm trying to get a copy of the Nottingham gig through the LP forum, if I have any luck I'll try and see if anyone has O2 gig as well, i'm ussuming you were at the first night.

If you go to LPlive.net you can get the set list for your show.

Shoka

Novice Member
I have to disagree on Biffy Clyro, I was very disappointed in them, they even started with a Foo fighters song at Nottingham:eek: not one of their own tracks:thumbsdow:
Really? I wouldn't have expected that, was that the main cause of dissapointment or was there other stuff you didn't like about them?

They are normally extremely tight and normally really stir the crowd up.

owen021173

main cause was probably the crowd as they didnt give them much feedback tbh. all stood there with hands in pockets or sat down!!

at sheffield biffy were too loud if that makes sense.too much feedback and distorted bass spoilt what could have been really good as i was looking forward to seeing them for the first time as 'puzzle' is one of my fave albums.

manchester they sounded excellent i thought but maybe i was comparing them to sheffield,i dont know.
again feedback from the crowd wasnt great but better!

UKflames

Really? I wouldn't have expected that, was that the main cause of dissapointment or was there other stuff you didn't like about them?

They are normally extremely tight and normally really stir the crowd up.
The crowd really weren't into them at all, they were trying but i have to say for the LP crowd they seemed the wrong choice for support, but that's just mo.

UKflames

I dont think ive ever enjoyed a gig more!!

I too am after a digipack as i didnt buy one with my ticket,but now i really want the mp3 of the gig!
Ok I now have the digipack for the Nottingham gig. someone on the Lp forum was good u enough to upload it for everyone that didn't get a code.

If you let me know what dates your looking for i can keep an eye out, unless you want the Nottingham gig and i can email that too you.

owen021173

Ok I now have the digipack for the Nottingham gig. someone on the Lp forum was good u enough to upload it for everyone that didn't get a code.

If you let me know what dates your looking for i can keep an eye out, unless you want the Nottingham gig and i can email that too you.
excellent news mate:thumbsup: i'll have any!!! Sheffield would be really nice for me as the entrance was mind blowing plus my 8 yr old son was with me and he would like it also.
let me know if you want anything for it bearing in mind that it was a £10.50 option that ticketmaster wouldnt accept for some reason:rolleyes:
i dont mind paying for it at all mate.
thanks for letting us know:smashin:

o THE CHAD o

Novice Member

o2 arena 28/01/08 please fella

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett