1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link to 3910 firmware?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mark.king, Sep 6, 2005.

1. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am currently waiting for my local superfi to get hold of the three disk firmware to upgrade my 3910 so progresive scan works over component. I have noticed there is a link for the 2910 firmware. Does anyone have a link for the 3910? If not I suppose I will have to wait a week or so for superfi to come up with the goods :lease:

Cheers

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Do a forum search for the elegantly named "3910 Hack". The links are in there (post 263 from memory) to the latest DL3 capable firmware. However the wait at least guarantees you support if the upgrade fails. Not so if you do it yourself...

3. MPK

MPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I am sure you will have to wait a lot longer than that. Also, the firmware will not be multi-region. Why not simply look towards the end of this and do it yourself. You'll also have the Denon Link3 activated. Careful though, there have been some people where the DIY update failed, and that's not a pleasant experience... :rolleyes:

4. Skeets_de

Skeets_de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did it and it worked perfectly. I have SACD3 and Region Free. :thumbsup:

5. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I will download the file but I will also get superfi to upgrade. The sold the machine as multiregion and I would also expect something as simple as prog scan output to work so we shall see what they say. Calling Friday when they are suppose to have the firmware. Interesting that the multiregion they have is from there denon rep.

6. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the link. No wonder I didn't find it first time as there are a few links on this thread and the early ones don't work (good job as they are old versions) I am going to see if superfi can get this sorted first as at least that saves my warrenty. If not then I will have to have a go myself. Cheers for the support

7. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Suoerfi did upgrade my machine using 3 disks below are the versions now on the machine. By the way the machine is multiregion.

ESS 6609-C
    MakeDay 610D
    DRV 030825
    SYS 6767-5
    DSP 6770
    C 20041028

By the way now I have progscan the pq is better using interlace!!. Just a bit sharper. I am playing this into a component card on a panny 6 series panal

8. Davedvd

Davedvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found the dealers tend to have version 6609-B which is not the latest version, but it will give you MR and the DL3 upgrade. You can then download the 6609-E upgrade from the 3910 hack thread and do that yourself. (its a fairly simple single disc upgrade) Follow the instuctions carefully though to avoid killing your player.
    I am a novice and did just this. A dealer did my 3 disc upgrade to 6609-B and I added the 6609-E. I am now very happy with it.
    Dave.