Link Preview on Facebook

7ewis

Novice Member
For some reason whenever I post a link to my website to Facebook the link preview it gives shows my Google+ profile picture.. I would rather it didn't do this for obvious reasons lol, even if the post has a picture it still shows the G+ profile picture, and the blog does have a favicon too.. why is it doing this lol?

How can I stop it?

This is the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NewsOfThePhoenix?sk=wall

You can see the top 2 posts are examples of this..

Iccz

You should use an image on your site with the following:

Code:
<link rel="image_src" href="http://domain.com/logo.jpg" />

That should do the trick, failing that you need to look in to 'Open Graph Tags'.

7ewis

Novice Member
ah ok, where abouts would that go? Because it is hosted on Blogger, and is a .blogspot.com blog, I can't edit that much. Would it be near the meta tags?

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob to coding :p

Iccz

Personally I would make up a larger version of your favicon (if you don't have one already) and put that in with the header of your page (before or after the big header text), either that or put it in the 2nd column on your blog - like the twitter bit is, and have a little info about the site in there with it.

7ewis

Novice Member
Hmm yeah, the thing is, is that the favicon is just a smaller version of the background. Do you think I should change the background to something plain? Not sure I really like the favicon either, probably should get someone to make me a better one or find a royalty free icon :p

AVF Jay

Banned
For some reason whenever I post a link to my website to Facebook the link preview it gives shows my Google+ profile picture.. I would rather it didn't do this for obvious reasons lol, even if the post has a picture it still shows the G+ profile picture, and the blog does have a favicon too.. why is it doing this lol?

How can I stop it?

This is the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NewsOfThePhoenix?sk=wall

You can see the top 2 posts are examples of this..

Not a great solution, but for the meantime maybe just change your google + profile picture.

7ewis

Novice Member
Not a great solution, but for the meantime maybe just change your google + profile picture.

Yeah I don't really use Google+ very often anyway, but it's nice to have :p
I'm just confused as to why it does this? I 'linked' them ages ago and it has only just started doing this.

Iccz

Yeah I don't really use Google+ very often anyway, but it's nice to have :p
I'm just confused as to why it does this? I 'linked' them ages ago and it has only just started doing this.

Google own/are Blogger, so that's your problem :)

Though you can change how facebook looks at images the two ways I mentioned. Worth looking/reading in to - always good to learn :thumbsup:

7ewis

Novice Member
Yeah, but I'm sure the authors wouldn't want their face as the icon to every post they write? And because I like to use bitly, it used to just show a little pencil, but it has decided to show my Google+ picture.. I'll have a look at what you said :thumbsup: thanks!

Edit: Ok, for some reason the newest post I have written shows the picture, but the 2nd one still shows my Google+ logo even though it has a picture too? I haven't changed anything though..

Link that works: bitly/ YouTubeDeleting
Link that doesnt work: bitly/ LittleMix
(for some reason they block *******, you know the beginning just add the ending)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom