1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lines on Screen Phillips 36PW

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by wrighty76, Mar 3, 2005.

1. wrighty76

wrighty76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Can anyone help me? I have a small problem with my Phillips 36PW and it is starting to bug me. I think it may be interference or something, I'm not sure...just hoping the set isn't damaged.

I'm having trouble with the picture - on the left hand side of the screen there are three vertical lines. They are like ghost lines - hardly noticeable, but they still bug me. They aren't there all the time, but seem to be there quite often. It happens when I am watching DVDs, TV, or on the PS2 and is much more noticeable when the screen is showing something black. I can see no trace of the lines when the blue screen or teletext is on.

I have a freeview digital box connected to the tv via a scart, and I use the side RGB conenctions for the DVD. The digital box is also connected to my video via scart and the video is plugged in to the normal aerial on the tv set.

Can anyone help me eliminate the lines? Could it be something to do with the second scart socket? I read somewhere that it can only be used for certain things...maybe I have the digibox connected to the wrong scart?

Thanks in advance

2. Pug72

Pug72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    I have the exact same prob on my Thomson tv.

Would love to know what causes and fixes it.

3. wrighty76

wrighty76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm...seems to suggest that it isn't a fault with the set then...myabe it is some sort of signal interference. It certainly looks like 'ghosting' in appearance.

Surely someone out there knows about this?

4. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Do a search for 9607 and you will find a lot of discussion about bars/ ghosts. There are some jpegs of the lines that may be familiar to you Note these lines vary from set to set and also can really stand out during panning shots football.