Lines down the tv but its not banding

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by civiccoupevti, Sep 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. civiccoupevti

civiccoupevti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sharp lc42xd1e connected to virgin v+ box via Scart. Now when watching football i can always see vertical lines down the screen, mainly towards the right hand side.

I called sharp out and they put a few test screens up and there was no banding evident.

The sharp guy did say the quality of the picture wasnt very good and he suggested calling Virgin out to see if they can improve the signal or the picture.

i have virgin coming out on tuesday but i dont think they can do owt? am i right or wrong.

what would you peeps do, i can only really see these lines and bands when watching football, as its a solid green surface and its alot more noticable when it pans across from left to right.

the sharp guy did say that if virgin cant improve anything then give sharp a call and they will swap the tv but he said that as theres nothing wrong with the tv you probably wouldnt see any improvement.

i brought it from robert whyte about 3 months ago so a refund is out of the question, but what about swapping it for a different tv? as i watch a lot of football and annoys the crap out of me after spending over £1000 on a tv.

2. theatre-aholic

theatre-aholic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dat is kind of prob wid da tv, it shouldn't happen. get it replaced