1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lines across screen from ae100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by obiwan, Jan 2, 2003.

1. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ive only just noticed a slightly worrying horizontal line running across the length of the screen. This line is only apparent when the camera is panning or image is moving through it. Very noticable with fast moving action.

I just noticed it watching Spiderman, its still there in Ice Age and Bugs Life.

Any ideas, I tried turning the ae100 off, back on, still there.

HELP

I use the ProV and Lindy VGA cable.

The line appears about 6" up from the bottom of the screen. Im projecting onto a 7ft Grandview screen from Walter Stewart.

2. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Sounds like tearing. Is it that the image splits horizontally as though the top and the bottom of the image are not being refreshed at the same time?

Edit: Is it there on static images or only when the camera is moving fast horizontally?

Conor

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Obiwan,

Doesn't seem immdiately familiar to me - fast pans often result in block artifacts when viewing tv through ProV and AE100 - particularly noticeable during football, when close up focus on players pans at corners etc.

I have never seen tearing (I assume Comer is referring to the kind of tearing we've seen posts on where the de-interlacing gets out of step very obviously - there was a post complete with mpeg example recently) with the ProV. I'm assuming you've checked your cable runs and connections.

Sean G.

4. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The lines are not there when the image is paused.

I checked cables etc.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely tearing.

Try the "autosetup" in the menu. If that doesn't fix it, adjust the dot clock & phase.

6. obiwan

obiwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Got it.
    It seems to occur in V.Scroll only on certain discs.

I use vscroll as it is the only aspect to completely fill the screen 80x45".

But when I revert back to 16:9 it disapears.

But it was not there at all in Bridget Jones in vscroll.!!

7. olaiho

olaiho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Obiwan,
    sounds like you have a problem with your settings.

The correct way to fill the screen with your AE100 is to set your DVD player (Pioneer 717?) to output 16:9 widescreen (NOT 16:9 "letterboxed" which you probably have selected at the moment), and the AE100 to 16:9 mode.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but Bug's Life and Bridget Jones were shot in an aspect ratio of 2.35:1. DVD's of films shot in this aspect ratio are not supposed to completely fill your 16:9 screen. You will still get black bars, top and bottom.

Best Regards,
    Olaiho

p.s. You should also double check that you have correctly set up your AE100 VGA input. Perform "Auto Setup" and you'll be all set.