Line Of Duty Series 6/ Possible 7 (BBC1)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
It's no secret that the BBC have already commissioned a sixth series. As to whether it'll finally wrap things up - who knows. The viewing figures being as strong as they are, I wouldn't be surprised to see this run to at least 7. I think makers got away with a fifth, and will probably scrape by with a sixth without diluting the quality too much, as Mercurio is overseeing things.
With no confirmed return date, I would expect this late 2020 or early 2021. Jed Mercurio has the small matter of Bodyguard 2 to sort first...

7 ways that Line of Duty's season 5 finale set up season 6

What does that dramatic Line of Duty finale mean for the next series?

Last edited:
I read something yesterday where Mercurio stated that he hasn’t been commissioned to write any further series of LOD. A bit odd when I also read that the actor playing Arnott has been signed for two more series and, at the end of LOD last night, an announcer confirmed that it would be returning. All very odd to me.

Clem

Unfortunate it's breaking my 5 seasons for top standard rule

I'm guessing with the post production work, we might see this around Easter?

I'm surprized Dunbar made it through, after seeing his exacerbation on Gogglebox with the other two. He looked like he wanted to say, Get me away from these numptys, Noi!

Yes, it jumped the shark ages ago, but I still can't wait for tonight. I expect big things from tonight's opener, and have a sneaky feeling that one of (only my opinion - I have no clue what's coming)
3 main cast members may not make it past the first couple of episodes. I've spoilered it for fear of reprisals if I'm right!

Last edited:
Can't wait!! Got my shock memes/gifs lined up :D

Can't wait!! Got my shock memes/gifs lined up :D
giphy (4).gif

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom