Line Of Duty Series 6/ Possible 7 (BBC1)

BBC4 are repeating this 90s series on bent coppers in double-bills starting at 10pm next Sunday (28th March).
The redtops dubbed it Between The Sheets, on account of all the shagging, though I suspect it'll look rather tame now.

Nearly DOODY time ya all.
8FEFADD2-5D88-4DA0-AAD4-E5C6D27D97A6.gif

Unfortunately I'm forced to go to Peasantsville for this programme, so I'm re-watching Season 5 before I dive in.

Looking forward to it anyway. Probably one of the best BBC drama's we've ever had this.

Laughter in our house over the use of what sounds like "jizz" when talking about a source - e.g. "we need to locate your jizz".

I put the subtitles on, apparently it's "Chiz".

It was interesting, not great, a bit odd?, it needs future unravelling
biggest twist was the relationship, might explain way Frieda? was acting strange?

It was interesting, not great, a bit odd?, it needs future unravelling
biggest twist was the relationship, might explain way Frieda? was acting strange?
Yes, bit of an odd one. I kept waiting for something big to happen and well, not much occurred. I did like how the writing had moved
Kate and Steve on a bit, with her leaving, and him considering a move.

Last edited:
Although it was an unexpectedly slow opener, there's still another six to come, so I'd imagine there's plenty of good stuff to come. I remember a while ago, it was billed as the final series. Does anyone know if that's still the case? The whole 'H' debacle really needs a resolution and an endgame.

So much CHIS :laugh: Good return but nothing mega so felt a bit understated

Screenshot_20210321_223657.jpg

LOD trolling...
20210321_223347.jpg

My favourite moment & subsequent comment

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the opener.
This could take shape nicely, with them breaking into gender/gay areas and daring to have a possibly bad lesbian character - amongst all of the untouchable gender politics of late.
It was strange, however, having Jo go from, "She's straight" in one scene and then handholding and near moving in for a kiss with Kate in the next. Also, Steve saying it's all business now to Rogerson and yet they kissed each other twice. I think we can guess that those lines will be getting crossed, possibly for both, to exploit paths.
More importantly, it looks like high level gang and, with it, police corruption in the upper echelons: with dirty deeds not being done dirt cheap.
Mercurio doesn't seem to be going with race in this one, as it might of been an interesting choice to have had a black man being shot in the robbery.

Last edited:
Laughter in our house over the use of what sounds like "jizz" when talking about a source - e.g. "we need to locate your jizz".

I put the subtitles on, apparently it's "Chiz".
Hahaha! That got me too. I've become obsessed with cryptic crosswords over the past year and was trying to work out what it meant without cheating by searching. Shorthand for chisel?? Something/one to crack open a case? That's the best I can do. I'll have to give in and google. The acronyms were a bit much - it was like a gift to spoofs! Still enjoyed it though. So this is HD looking for the LD on COD, over and out. :D

(Newbie here. It seems a very nice place!)

edit I found out what CHIS means. I like my version better!!

Hahaha! That got me too. I've become obsessed with cryptic crosswords over the past year and was trying to work out what it meant without cheating by searching. Shorthand for chisel?? Something/one to crack open a case? That's the best I can do. I'll have to give in and google. The acronyms were a bit much - it was like a gift to spoofs! Still enjoyed it though. So this is HD looking for the LD on COD, over and out. :D

(Newbie here. It seems a very nice place!)

edit I found out what CHIS means. I like my version better!!

Anyhoo the BBC voice over lady explained it just after the credits rolled :smashin:

Oh right. I was watching on iplayer and didn't stick around for that. Consider my knuckles rapped!

BBC4 are repeating this 90s series on bent coppers in double-bills starting at 10pm next Sunday (28th March).
The redtops dubbed it Between The Sheets, on account of all the shagging, though I suspect it'll look rather tame now.
Thanks for mentioning this. I loved Between the Lines. Great characters, interesting stories and well acted. Season three did get a bit beyond itself, but was still worth watching.

As for Line of Duty, I'll be watching it tomorrow on iPlayer. The first three seasons were really good, while the others were OK but still worth watching (although Thandie Newton and Stephen Graham did great in their roles). I do hope the whole "H" story gets moved on, though.

Thanks for mentioning this. I loved Between the Lines. Great characters, interesting stories and well acted. Season three did get a bit beyond itself, but was still worth watching.

As for Line of Duty, I'll be watching it tomorrow on iPlayer. The first three seasons were really good, while the others were OK but still worth watching (although Thandie Newton and Stephen Graham did great in their roles). I do hope the whole "H" story gets moved on, though.
I also loved Between the Lines and I was gutted at the ending

Just watched 1 to 5 again. Weirdly in reverse order as i just wanted to see 5 again but after i saw that i thought hmm maybe try 4 again and so on.

Anyway id love to see a spin off prequel of Tony Gates or Lindsey Denton. I think both would be great characters for a stand alone series. Denton with her intelligence always underestimated or Gates with his ducking and diving playing it just on the edge of the law. Fantastic performances from both actors.

Last edited:
I loved it too but I dont remember the ending as it was so long ago :rotfl:

Definitely worth a revisit.

I liked the opener for this series of LOD, more setting things in place for future episodes I suspect.

There’s a previous cast member returning next week which gives a clue as to where this may be going.

Anyhoo the BBC voice over lady explained it just after the credits rolled :smashin:
I recalled what it was from the last series or two
- so it wasn't a new LoD acronym, despite what some needy people where whining about on twitter and turning themselves into redtop/LBC (Ferrari) fodder for LoD/BBC bashing

Solid opener, a little bit telegraphed but a minor quibble.

They're doing a great job of turning Arnott into Jack Bauer though. The job has taken it's toll!!

Poor Trevor can’t catch a break.

Don't you mean Terry? At least his freezer's been taken away :rotfl:.

Buckells still appears a talentless prick, but now promoted to Super.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom