Line of Duty - Series 3 (BBC Two)

From Wiki.
Series one was filmed in Birmingham (including pub interiors in the Queens Arms)[10] and series two and three in Belfast by BBC Northern Ireland, per the end credits, though the city is not identified in the script in either series - set dressings and props indicate that the unnamed city is Birmingham (maps of Birmingham appear on walls, and telephone numbers use the 0121 area code ). A photo gallery of exterior scenes from series two shows the 4th Street Station on Ormeau Avenue in Belfast
Yeah, on the bridge sequence you could see a few Union flags in the background (out of focus) but most other things covered well (including reg plates, many blurred as they would have give it away) to make it look like England.

Great finale!!

Arrgh recorded to watch this weekend and ep 1 error recording snd no longer on iplayer. Anyone got any ideas where i can find it?

Arrgh recorded to watch this weekend and ep 1 error recording snd no longer on iplayer. Anyone got any ideas where i can find it?
Skydemand? Not avail to d/l to you sky box?

Last edited:
Buy it in shop on Monday

Nope no sky, freeview only. Guess i am stuffed. Will have to read an ep 1 review and wing it

Great series, with amazing ending.

Also, I found it particularly ironic with Hastings' comment about catching bent coppers in light of the Hillsborough/S. Yorks Police revelations in the news this week.

I didn't see the first two seasons and decided to jump in based on the trailer. I enjoyed it a lot, great tension building and characters, as well as a strong story. However the finale was a let down for me.
It was all nice and psychological, why did they feel the need to go all action hollywood? It got very silly: these armed officers are there for no reasons, then when Cottan escapes no one seems to be bothered apart from Kate. Of course he is killed, and redeems himself. That's so dull. I would have preferred a story line where Steve gets to gather strong evidence on his own, or helped by Kate to incriminate Cottan. They had a great baddy, his death is not up to his character I think.
As far as drama goes, Undercover and Marcella get the medal for suspense building and tension inducing. Still it was a very good series and I will watch the series 4 and maybe catch up on the first two.

Great series, with amazing ending.

Also, I found it particularly ironic with Hastings' comment about catching bent coppers in light of the Hillsborough/S. Yorks Police revelations in the news this week.

Was going to mention the 96 fallout similarities

when they bought up the burners I kept expecting them call a number, with the Dot/caddy's own phone starts ringing in his pocket

Craig Parkinson (DoT) has been great in the show /SPOILER]

the scene with PC ex daughter of Mr khan with her baby was strange did she do the video car homework at home and came in to go through it

BBC online store has individual eps available, can't view via TV apps but can on website or tablet.

Season 1 and 2 of Line of Duty is still on Netflix. If you don't have it you could get a month's free subscription and binge watch!

Last edited:
Sorry! Finger was on the wrong key! Should be 1 and 2 are on Netflix!

Season 1 and 2 of Line of Duty is still on Netflix. If you don't have it you could get a month's free subscription and binge watch!
Thanks for the tip, I might do that.

Cheers,

Pierre

I bought series 1 on blu-ray from Amazon.de disappointed that despite what it says the English sound is only Dolby digital 2.0 whereas the dubbed German is 5.1! Not sure if this is the case with series 2 as well? Mad that it's only on DVD in the UK.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom