Line of Duty - Series 2 (BBC Two)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
6 x 1hr episodes

Keeley Hawes, Robert Lindsay and Jessica Raine have joined series 2. Filming starts in Belfast later this month. The first series was excellent.

The series opens
explosively with the ambush of a police convoy in which three police officers are killed and a protected witness seriously injured. The sole surviving police officer is
Detective Inspector Lindsay Denton (Keeley Hawes). Deputy Chief Constable Mike Dryden (Robert Lindsay) takes personal charge, assigning AC-12 to the case. Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott (Martin Compston), Detective Constable Kate Fleming (Vicky McClure) and Superintendent Ted Hastings (Adrian Dunbar) are joined by newly appointed Detective Constable Georgia Trotman (Jessica Raine) to investigate a complex case rich in unexpected twists and turns.

Keeley Hawes:
“I'm thrilled to be joining the cast of Line Of Duty and after reading Jed's incredible scripts I can't wait to take my character, DI Lindsay Denton, on the epic journey he has created for her. I loved the first series so it's a real pleasure to be part of series two and working alongside such talented actors like Vicky McClure, Martin Compston and Robert Lindsay.”

Jed Mercurio, writer and Executive Producer:
"I was thrilled by the success of series one, and I'm hugely grateful for the opportunity to create another six hours of twists and turns as our returning investigators delve into a brand-new story of police corruption."

Simon Heath, Executive Producer, World Productions:
“We're delighted to be expanding the world of Line Of Duty to include three such terrific actors in a brand new anti-corruption investigation.”

Janice Hadlow, Controller of BBC Two:
“Drama on BBC Two continues to enjoy an incredible resurgence and I'm delighted that Line Of Duty, one of the channel's biggest hits last year, is returning, attracting a stellar cast to what promises to be another riveting thriller from Jed Mercurio.”

Series 1 Trailer (2012)

meltonboy

This has reminded me - has "The Fall" been and gone ? i recall that it was promoted as "great british drama" with others by the beeb, but can't see any threads on this police drama based in NI. Had Gillian Andreson in it.

MB

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I found parts of a script for series 2 episode 2 and 3. What do I do with it burn it? :confused:

Really?

Could try posting it to the BBC. FAO Jed Mercurio, writer and Executive Producer

Whether it gets back to the right team is another matter

or try BBC via twitter, email, or just keep it

Where did you find it as a matter of interest?

Jon_C

I saw the crew set up to film outside Tedfords (lights up etc) on Oxford Street in central Belfast at about 7pm tonight.

Definitely Line of Duty (a member of the crew volunteered the information when I asked what they were filming) but the cast were in the building and I didn't have time to fart about, otherwise I would have tried to take a pic.

Thought I saw Adrian Dunbar getting out of a Merc with tinted rear windows just as I had to leave but I don't know whether that was just wishful thinking.

According to the crew member, they're filming at Shandon Golf Club tomorrow (Thur) and then at various locations in Bangor over the next few weeks, with series three due to be shot pretty soon afterwards (within months anyway).

Oh and series two is set in Northern Ireland, not just being filmed here.

Jon_C

Update: Filming did indeed take place at the golf club on Thursday so I'd say that means they will also be in the Bangor area soon.

To whoever found the script - please just return it to the Beeb or burn it.

Jon_C

Just saw Martin Compston filming on Talbot Street in central Belfast.

Tonight the crew told me that the series will not be set in NI.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Robert Lindsay (My Family) left the series in May, with Scottish actor Mark Bonnar now replacing him in the role of Deputy Chief Constable Mike Dryden.
“Owing to mutual creative differences Robert Lindsay will no longer be appearing in Line of Duty series two.”

Claire Hackett (Holby City) and Steve Toussaint (Doctors) were also added to the cast.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Mark Bonnar is pretty good, showed recently in the new Case Histories and was on Casualty for a while.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
I wonder how they're going to make this work without the DCI Gates character? I thought the series was about him and not AC-12, will have to wait and see.

Bogside

I suspect they'll leave him in the scenes they've shot (assuming that at least some of them will work chronologically) and then kill him off mid series.

meltonboy

I wonder how they're going to make this work without the DCI Gates character? I thought the series was about him and not AC-12, will have to wait and see.

I suspect they'll leave him in the scenes they've shot (assuming that at least some of them will work chronologically) and then kill him off mid series.

I don't really follow this train of thought. For me the series was about AC-12 and the introduction in the first post of this thread suggest to me that series two is about AC-12 and a totally different "target" department of the police.

So, I don't expect to see DCI Gates in series two.

MB

Garrett

Hope its as good as the first one.

AJBek

Looking forward to this, but the lack of Lennie James could be an issue as he was such a huge part of the first series. Not too disappointed about Robert Lyndsay leaving though, despite him being a very good actor. Every time I see him it reminds me of the horrific "my family" which is never a good thing.

Jon_C

A pic I took in May this year: Vicky McClure (playing Detective Constable Kate Fleming) takes a break between takes on the set in Belfast's Cathedral Quarter.
Vicky McClure Line of Duty (small).jpg

Garrett

Bit cynical but I did find they
set the woman PC up getting bumped of, and thought the hospital room did not seem logical. One splitting up, turning his back on the killer as there was no need to pull the syringe out till the killer was appended . Also hospital windows as far as I remember don't open like that.
Although have to say it was gripping.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
That was very good, tense final act.

Sometimes i felt sorry for Keeley's character, at others times not.

She's heavier than before, not sure if post/pre baby weight, or just takeways!

Nice to see the nod to series 1 on the missing persons computer

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom