Line of Duty (BBC One)

Brilliant! Steve has to hook up with the new PC in the office, stay off the apps fella. That nervous idiot cousin was rather amusing with his use of the word 'her'.

Btw, Hastings' (parody) twitter feed ...

Posted earlier by end credit theme composer Carly Paradis ...
I wrote this theme on the piano after reading the scripts (I didn’t use a click so forgive my timing) Line of Duty series 5 airs tonight 9pm @bbcone

Last edited:
Great first episode. Disappointed that despite its success it was only transmitted in stereo (well it was for me on BBC1 HD though Virgin Media).

It's about time the BBC (and others) broadcast these shows on consecutive nights; the once a week model for complex stories doesn't work for me any more.

I thoroughly enjoyed the earlier series but have reluctantly decided to give this a miss. It will be impossible to avoid people talking about it and there will inevitably be spoilers from all sorts of sources. I'm also going to unwatch this thread as it no longer relevant to me.

I have plenty of entertainment from other distributors which let me watch what I want to watch when I want to watch it.

The good news is if it carries on like this I won't need a TV licence for much longer.

To each their own. Personally, I like the once a week frequency - makes it a bit more of a shared event, something that can be lacking in the streaming all at once era. After all - it still works for Game of Thrones!

Now I've only watched series 4 before this. Apart from the H stuff (a bit of which I picked up on in series 4) - am I missing anything crucial from seasons 1-3 that might prove useful?

I've never seen any of Line of Duty before, do you need to have seen the previous series before watching this new series 5?

Netflix has the previous 4 series, so quite happy to watch these first if it is important.

Last edited:
You could do that with any tv show/film series :confused:

I've never seen any of Line of Duty before, do you need to have seen the previous series before watching this new series 5?

Netflix has the previous 4 series, so quite happy to watch these first if it is important.
Yes and no there will be references to past series but the main story will start and end in this series 5.
I would catch up on the others first as there will be spoilers if you decide to go back. I missed the very first episode of series one and went back and took a look last night and was very shocked at one scene knowing what I know now.
I from the bit I saw last night of series one it looked a bit like wobely cam which I can't remember from the others in the series.

It's about time the BBC (and others) broadcast these shows on consecutive nights; the once a week model for complex stories doesn't work for me any more.

I thoroughly enjoyed the earlier series but have reluctantly decided to give this a miss. It will be impossible to avoid people talking about it and there will inevitably be spoilers from all sorts of sources. I'm also going to unwatch this thread as it no longer relevant to me.

I have plenty of entertainment from other distributors which let me watch what I want to watch when I want to watch it.

The good news is if it carries on like this I won't need a TV licence for much longer.
Watching on consecutive night would make for people running into more spoilers as they have to clear all the week for that time period and if recording could end up days behind.
I don't mind if a two part story like Silent Witness being on consecutive nights but there very little likelihood of my doing a full week of it.

The previous series are also on iplayer; we've just started series 2 there. I obviously don't know how much you'd need to know about previous events if starting on series 5, but I'd suggest starting from the beginning. Series one is good, and series 2 has started as a corker! And there are a couple of references in S2 that you'd miss if you hadn't seen S1, although they don't seem critical. But from what we've seen, it's not going to be a slog working through them, quite the reverse. It's very good so far.

Series 2 remains the best (IMHO) with a belter of an episode 1 and the best interrogation scene so far. S4 annoyed me so much that I can't honestly recommend it.

Series 2 remains the best (IMHO) with a belter of an episode 1 and the best interrogation scene so far. S4 annoyed me so much that I can't honestly recommend it.
My preference, in order is S1, 3, 2, 4. We watched 1 or 2 per night over about a fortnight, so all quite fresh in my mind. S4 was a bit disappointing after the ending of S3 (which I thought was a corker).

Well it takes all sorts 3,4,1,2.
I think 2 as good as it was you need to see 3 as well. 3 really edge of the seat stuff last episode.

My order would be 3,2,1,4. All very good in their own right.

Think this could be another great season. Love Stephen Graham and think he's a great and clever addition to the show. (just seen on IMDB that he's in The Irishman as well :thumbsup:)

Great start. Shame about just stereo again though.

Just binged S 1 through 4 over the last few days ( all on Netflix). Absolutely fantastic series and the S5 opener made a lot more sense after we rewatched it.
I think S3 was my favourite but Lennie James and Keeley Hawes were fantastic in earlier seasons too.
Honestly don’t know how I missed out on this, must have been away or something and then never bothered to catch up, but it’s top drawer TV. Cheers all

tenor-9.gif

Getting a bit sledgehammer-like in casting Hastings as H particularly his laptop.
Though the label on that drawer that Kate plucked some papers from-
IMG_20190407_222246-1.jpg

good episode

h was getting nervous lol

would stephen Graham's John Corbett had told
Steve he was planning to visit the recovering female copper's house. the poilce set up surveillance, bingo suspect
otherwise coincidence

Just a quick add on to my earlier reply. S2 definitely contains stuff that would have you scratching your head a little if you'd not seen S1. So I'd strongly suggest you start from the beginning. You won't regret it, it's excellent.

Liking this new season so far - perhaps excepting The A Team gun heist.:rolleyes:

How come no one was shot through the cars :rolleyes: were the lower bodywork armoured hence targeted by the undercover and gang per his instructions

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom