1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

line doublers & scalers

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chaz, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    can anybody help me please i own seleco svp 320 c r t projector i was told that i cant use line doublers with my model is this true is this also the same with scalers as i whant to inprove my picture

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    It is true. It's a video only device without the capablity to be updated with external video processing. The only things you can do to make it better are not really cost effective...

You could change the lenses for better ones like HD145 (often advertised in classifieds)

You could get it professionally set up and calibrated by someone like Chris Frost from this forum

You could sell it privately and replace it with a much better s/h data or graphics projector that will look much better when partnered with a suitable video processor

Gordon

3. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    how do i get in touch with this chris frost . roughly how much does it cost to set the projector up properly by him? i live in the south east.

4. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    Chris is a forum member. Send him a PM through the forum. I think his user name is Chris Frost. He will get best out of that device. I don't kno whis charges but it'll be worth every penny.

Gordon

5. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    thanks for the all the help gorden f i let you know how i get on

6. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Gordon, thanks. Kind words as ever :)

Chaz, if you are looking to upgrade then check out a thread titled Seleco 400- change to Seleco 500 or DLP? by Simon1967.

Stepping up from your 320 to a 400 will give you a big improvement in quality and allow you to consider adding a scaler or HTPC as part of a longer term upgrade strategy. A side benefit is that both projectors use the same bracket and throw distance so swapping is easy.

If you prefer to stay with the 320 then drop me a line by PM with your email address so we can discuss this.

Regards

7. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I am also thinking of upgrading from a 400 which has a line doubler built-in. As Chris rightly states, an external line doubler can be added at a later date or as funds allow. I am possibly looking to upgrade depending on convincing demo's and whether I can move my equipment on with the minimum of hassle. I am not the best at selling old equipment which probably explains why I have 7 apple macs lying around the house :rolleyes:

BTW, I am also in the south east so you are perfectly welcome to borrow mine and see what you think. It is all disconnected at the moment and as it has the same ceiling bracket it may be worth a look?

Regards

Simon

8. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    dear chris to be quite honest i dont want relley get rid of my 320 as it took a lot of saveing here is my e mail address ericdinnair@msn.com looking forward to hearing from you thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.