1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Line Doubler for £55

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by skimber, Jun 10, 2002.

1. skimber

skimber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Found this while searching on google for "progressive scan converter"

VD-300 http://www.scancom.ltd.uk/products/vd-300.htm

Anyone used this/know if it's any good? I want to improve the picture from my sky box to an AE100

They also do a rebadged version of the ProV that i've seen mentioned on a few other threads here...

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,017
    Its not a scaler, its just looks like an upscan converter. So you get 31KHz out from your 15KHz input. Nothing more.

If you aren't that bothered about great picture quality then it'll be OK, but if you want to feed into your VGA port then it suggests you *do* want good quality, so I'd give this a miss. But check out the ProV, that sounds like the real deal.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    All these device have been discussed extensively. Use the search engine and look for cheesebox! General view was this box wasn't much cop. Perhaps better off with the big brother. This one is just a de-interlacer and not a de-interlacer and scaler.