Quantcast

Lindemann Limetree Network Streamer Review & Comments

stevelup

Distinguished Member
The reason it's made in Europe is because the volumes are sufficiently low that it's just not worth the hassle to make it in the far east. They aren't going to be shifting thousands, let along tens of thousands of these.

Incidentally, the upper board is an off the shelf single board computer - the Stream810. It's been around for years.

The clever stuff (fancy clocks etc) is underneath.

daddy999

Thanks for the review. Looks like a really nice piece of kit, and I will definitely be searching one out for a demo in the new year. I’ll reserve my judgement on its perceived value until I’ve actually heard it....unlike many on here. 😂

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review. Looks like a really nice piece of kit, and I will definitely be searching one out for a demo in the new year. I’ll reserve my judgement on its perceived value until I’ve actually heard it....unlike many on here. 😂
Well said :) I sometimes wonder if some people just read reviews so they can pick fault / criticise them.

Dadracer

Novice Member
I would be interested to know what Ed thinks on the Limetree Network versus the Bluesound Node 2i as he has reviewed both. I appreciate there is quite a gap in price but would like to know if that gap is made up for in the performance of the Limetree. It certainly seems to have the capability to be very good. Thereafter an audition will be essential to settle the matter. The only thing missing from the Limetree would be a 4.4mm balanced headphone out if I'm being picky!!!

Dadracer

Novice Member
Ah ok, my bad I see this was answered earlier in the thread. Still think the Limetree would be good with a balanced headphone out.