Linda Smith RIP!

PoochJD

Hi,

I've just found out that female Brit comedian Linda Smith has died at the young age of 48 from cancer. :(

You may not know her name, but you'll know her face. See here! and here for her obituary.

She regularly appeared on "Mock The Week", "Have I Got News For You" and "Room 101", but was also a great stand-up comedian and regular entertainer on Radio 4's "News Quiz".

My condolences to her family, relatives and friends, for her sudden disappearance from this world. She will be missed. :(

Pooch

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
:(

Steve N

Distinguished Member
:(

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I saw this yesterday and was shocked and saddened. She always brought a smile to my face on her appearances on Have I Got News For You.

swapped

Novice Member
Very sad about this - I saw her live a couple of times, along with her regular touring buddies Hattie Hayridge and Henry Normal (used to be a poet, went on to be the 'silent partner' in the Royle Family).

As Mark Steele touches on in his piece, her comedy didn't rely on her being a woman (in a male dominated comedy world), but that didn't stop her being angry, and she had passion without self-pity, which endeared her to a lot of people.

Voted 'Wittiest person alive' a few years ago - I wonder who now steps into the role?

Razor

That is a shock. Poor woman, may she rest in peace.

drunkenmaster

Novice Member
:( Rip

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom