Limited kill bill special edition(jap uncut version)

ebury

Established Member
Reaction score
This has not been anounced anywhere else(?) but have just seen THIS
You might find cheaper elsewhere once available but because it is limited to 3000 only,seems a must have if you like the film/tarrantino.
They also have listed the normal version(uncut)for £26
Both are released on 16th april

Thanks.

Are they a good company? Do they pay import duty or will I have to pay extra? I'm tempted to buy the regular uncut JPN version but preferably without extra customs charges

good,if slightly expensive.All films are sent inside this country-no customs:smashin:

No pictures?! It seems a bit pricey. Is the sword a "Cornflakes" collectors edition (i.e. more plastic than Jacko)?

They made some scenes black and white to apparently reduce their impact and it wasn't director intended!

Doesnt this film have subtitles in several scenes and a Japanese version would have defualt Japanese subtitles so u either watch entire film with english subtitles or lose several key scenes due to no subtitles, anyone know cos i havent watched this film yet and don't know but would prefer completely uncut.

Yeah, I'd just like to warn anybody looking to blindly buy the Japanese version of Kill Bill that the cinema version over didn't have English subs during the Japanese language sections.

For those of you who don't speak Japanese (one or two, I'm sure ;)) I'd consider waiting to see what the situation is before splashing out £60 on it.

Chris

By the time the trilogy comes out it might be uncut anyway

Bit like the Japanese version of Ronin where there are no English subs during the French speaking parts .......

:(

it states Visual Format: 1.85:1 (hopefully an error) if not, £60 is expensive for an incorrect aspect ratio! even if uncut.

as the movie is 2.35:1.....

DVDsLimited's website isn't the best. And their prices are not the lowest. But in my experience their customer service is second to none. Even on the odd occasion when things do go wrong. And, as already stated, they ship within the UK, so their prices are already fully tax-inclusive.

I'm torn now. I usually prefer uncut but particularly liked the B&W here so I preordered the R1, plannning to sell it on when the SE comes out (trilogy?). Now the 'shop down the road' has the uncut version I don't know what to do.

Originally posted by INORAN
Yeah, I'd just like to warn anybody looking to blindly buy the Japanese version of Kill Bill that the cinema version over didn't have English subs during the Japanese language sections.

For those of you who don't speak Japanese (one or two, I'm sure ;)) I'd consider waiting to see what the situation is before splashing out £60 on it.

Chris

Thanks. Bugger, I hadn't thought about this...I wasn't going to get the £60 set but £27 is still a lot for a film that I won't be able to understand what's being said :laugh:

I'll be getting the R1 version then:suicide:

Does anyone know what the situation with the Hong Kong R3 version is/will likely be?

Did cinemas show the uncut version?

Will there be any cuts to the R2 version?

I don't understand the fuss they made about the gore in this film. It came across to me as really kitsch anyway. It seems the BBFC just completely miss the point the whole time. :(

The trailer, and several documentaries, showed parts of the final fight in colour...that's the thing that annoys me more than anything.

Also (and this bit REALLY ****** me off when I watched the film) at the beginning, you see a black and white shot. Ok, fair enough there's some blood and bruises. But during a flashback you see the EXACT SAME SHOT in full colour!

Even if the R2 was uncut I wouldn't buy it out of principle and my hatred towards the BBFC. They ruin films so many films and treat us like we're incapable of independent thought

But this has nothing to do with the BBFC, only selected Asian markets got the uncut version, and that's the way Tarantino wanted it. He agreed to the watered-down version in every other territory. I suspect the BBFC would have had no problems with the uncut version at an 18 certificate. So in this case there's no point blaming our regulators.

anyone found anywhere else mentioning the japanese release? i cant find any info from the usual sources?
if you look closesly tarantino shot the sequenqe for black and white (if u look at the colour shots in the trailer u will see some of the blood is water!) knowing he wouldnt get it past the mpaa but as he embraced the japanese crew he decided to give them a special version
the following is a report on the japanese cinema version from the kill bill forums
spoilers aplenty!!!

The animation sequence had a few extra scenes - most notably when she kills Matsumoto on the bed, you get a really disgusting prolonged shot of his chest cut apart with all the entrails visible.

When Gogo kills the dude in the bar it's a lot more gruesome - again, the entrails are a lot more visible.

During the House of Blue Leaves there was no cut to black and white.
Also, the House of Blue Leaves scene was probably 5 to 10 minutes longer - lots more killing and action. And a few extra scenes with the kid that she spanks with her katana.

At the end when The Bridge is going to interrogate Sophie Fatale, she gives the speech about cutting off body parts that she'll miss. And then she proceeds to cut off her other arm after screaming, and reasonably so, "Give me your other arm."

After the credits there was a "Bootleg Trailer" that had a ton of scenes from Volume 2. Not too much in the way of plot, but some weird scenes of The Bridge with a bunch of creepy hick friends at the wedding chapel.

Least in America u get a chance to buy an unrated dvd even if the film is cut at the cinema u often find unrated versions or uncut versions on dvd, over here way back in the nineties in the dark ages of James Ferman we never ever had that opportunity we had to import dvd's or else put up with butchered UK versions of many films and listen up all it takes is a new head of the BBFC and we could find ourselves back in the eighties again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom