1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

Limited kill bill special edition(jap uncut version)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ebury, Feb 12, 2004.

1. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    This has not been anounced anywhere else(?) but have just seen THIS
    You might find cheaper elsewhere once available but because it is limited to 3000 only,seems a must have if you like the film/tarrantino.
    They also have listed the normal version(uncut)for £26
    Both are released on 16th april

2. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    So, is the R1 version cut, then?

3. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks.

Are they a good company? Do they pay import duty or will I have to pay extra? I'm tempted to buy the regular uncut JPN version but preferably without extra customs charges

4. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    good,if slightly expensive.All films are sent inside this country-no customs:smashin:

5. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Brilliant. Thanks :smashin:

6. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    No pictures?! It seems a bit pricey. Is the sword a "Cornflakes" collectors edition (i.e. more plastic than Jacko)?

7. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    They made some scenes black and white to apparently reduce their impact and it wasn't director intended!

8. nelly_200x

nelly_200x

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    look like a nice collectors set

9. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doesnt this film have subtitles in several scenes and a Japanese version would have defualt Japanese subtitles so u either watch entire film with english subtitles or lose several key scenes due to no subtitles, anyone know cos i havent watched this film yet and don't know but would prefer completely uncut.

10. INORAN

INORAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'd just like to warn anybody looking to blindly buy the Japanese version of Kill Bill that the cinema version over didn't have English subs during the Japanese language sections.

For those of you who don't speak Japanese (one or two, I'm sure ;)) I'd consider waiting to see what the situation is before splashing out £60 on it.

Chris

11. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    By the time the trilogy comes out it might be uncut anyway

12. sandi

sandi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit like the Japanese version of Ronin where there are no English subs during the French speaking parts .......

:(

13. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    it states Visual Format: 1.85:1 (hopefully an error) if not, £60 is expensive for an incorrect aspect ratio! even if uncut.

as the movie is 2.35:1.....

14. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,987
    DVDsLimited's website isn't the best. And their prices are not the lowest. But in my experience their customer service is second to none. Even on the odd occasion when things do go wrong. And, as already stated, they ship within the UK, so their prices are already fully tax-inclusive.

15. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I'm torn now. I usually prefer uncut but particularly liked the B&W here so I preordered the R1, plannning to sell it on when the SE comes out (trilogy?). Now the 'shop down the road' has the uncut version I don't know what to do.

16. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks. Bugger, I hadn't thought about this...I wasn't going to get the £60 set but £27 is still a lot for a film that I won't be able to understand what's being said :laugh:

I'll be getting the R1 version then:suicide:

17. Hedwig

Hedwig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what the situation with the Hong Kong R3 version is/will likely be?

Did cinemas show the uncut version?

18. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Will there be any cuts to the R2 version?

19. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The R2 Uk release (plus all of europe?) are all taken from the R rated usa print so it will be the cut version with the big fight in B+W and some gore missing.
    Good news is the HK cinema version was the same as the Japanese print uncut so hopefully the HK dvd will be the same.

20. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I don't understand the fuss they made about the gore in this film. It came across to me as really kitsch anyway. It seems the BBFC just completely miss the point the whole time. :(

21. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The trailer, and several documentaries, showed parts of the final fight in colour...that's the thing that annoys me more than anything.

Also (and this bit REALLY ****** me off when I watched the film) at the beginning, you see a black and white shot. Ok, fair enough there's some blood and bruises. But during a flashback you see the EXACT SAME SHOT in full colour!

Even if the R2 was uncut I wouldn't buy it out of principle and my hatred towards the BBFC. They ruin films so many films and treat us like we're incapable of independent thought

22. Hedwig

Hedwig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But this has nothing to do with the BBFC, only selected Asian markets got the uncut version, and that's the way Tarantino wanted it. He agreed to the watered-down version in every other territory. I suspect the BBFC would have had no problems with the uncut version at an 18 certificate. So in this case there's no point blaming our regulators.

23. pj

pj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    anyone found anywhere else mentioning the japanese release? i cant find any info from the usual sources?
    if you look closesly tarantino shot the sequenqe for black and white (if u look at the colour shots in the trailer u will see some of the blood is water!) knowing he wouldnt get it past the mpaa but as he embraced the japanese crew he decided to give them a special version
    the following is a report on the japanese cinema version from the kill bill forums
    spoilers aplenty!!!

The animation sequence had a few extra scenes - most notably when she kills Matsumoto on the bed, you get a really disgusting prolonged shot of his chest cut apart with all the entrails visible.

When Gogo kills the dude in the bar it's a lot more gruesome - again, the entrails are a lot more visible.

During the House of Blue Leaves there was no cut to black and white.
    Also, the House of Blue Leaves scene was probably 5 to 10 minutes longer - lots more killing and action. And a few extra scenes with the kid that she spanks with her katana.

At the end when The Bridge is going to interrogate Sophie Fatale, she gives the speech about cutting off body parts that she'll miss. And then she proceeds to cut off her other arm after screaming, and reasonably so, "Give me your other arm."

After the credits there was a "Bootleg Trailer" that had a ton of scenes from Volume 2. Not too much in the way of plot, but some weird scenes of The Bridge with a bunch of creepy hick friends at the wedding chapel.

24. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    The cuts were nothing to do with the BBFC - they are all the fault of the outdated MPAA - who have cut 1000's and 1000's of movies they are far worse than anything the BBFC have done.

25. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Least in America u get a chance to buy an unrated dvd even if the film is cut at the cinema u often find unrated versions or uncut versions on dvd, over here way back in the nineties in the dark ages of James Ferman we never ever had that opportunity we had to import dvd's or else put up with butchered UK versions of many films and listen up all it takes is a new head of the BBFC and we could find ourselves back in the eighties again.

26. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Unrated we wish - as most major companys wont :( release them eg Disney, Miramax, Paramount etc. At least the BBFC give clear guide lines and detail what they want cut. When the filmmakers submit there films to the MPAA they have no real guide lines and seem to make it up as they go along. When the MPAA want a film cut they dont say we want 3 seconds cut here and 5 seconds there like the BBFC, all the MPAA will say is its too violent/ sexy etc and the filmmakers have to work out what to cut by guess work. just look at the famous cases with Nightmare on elm street, Desperado, Scream, Hellraiser, Cliffhanger, Total recall etc.
    Sadly the rest of the world usually(not always as some of the above are easy to get uncut) ends up with the MPAA aproved version.

27. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Miramax is owned by Disney...

28. Smurfin

Smurfin
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,838
    They ruin films? Would buy it out of principle? Oh please, get over yourself:rolleyes:

Kill Bill was not ruined by the fact that certain scenes were in black and white. I kinda liked it personally, and your outrage smacks of the silly. Just imho of course;)

29. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting thread.

My appreciation of Kill Bill was not dampened by some sick desire to see even more gore than that which was already shown on screen. If you think more blood would have altered the impact of the movie, and the way you walked away from the cinema feeling about it, then I think you need to seek help...

The scenes shown in black and white I really did like.

Of course, were it not for The Matrix sequels, this would've probably been my favourite film of last year (after the IMHO poor showing of Return Of The King).

30. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    SLIGHTLY expensive?!?! The first title I looked at was the Universal Monster Legacy Box Set. Even with duty and taxes, etc, added on I can get this from Canada for £43.00. DVD Limited is charging £64.99!

A tad more than slightly expensive, I'd say! :eek: