Limit DVD8070 from RS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mr_Spikey, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Mr_Spikey

Mr_Spikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem with a Limit 8070 dvd which I bought from Richersounds. I wanted it for the kids to play on their 14" Philips portable. Trouble is the pictures are in black and white! I flick from NTSC to Pal and no change. I am sure it is the DVD as the Playstation through the scart is in color. I looked on my Sony 20" multi TV and all is in colour, on my Hitachi 32" widescreen it is fine. Anyone any ideas as to what is wrong?

Desparate

2. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where you would get this effect...but perhaps the 14inch telly is not RGB compatible and you need to change the output for the scart from RGB to normal composite.

I do not know this particular player or telly but this can be done in either of three ways:
    1. Change the option in the setup menu of the Limit player.
    2. Change the scart cable to one that has only got the composite channel connected.
    3. Connect a composite (yellow plug) and standard audio interconnects (white/red) to the limit player and use a converter scart plug that takes these connections and has a scart connector on the other side. (Normally included in games consoles boxes...)

Good luck,

Jean-Paul

3. Mr_Spikey

Mr_Spikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The answer was so ridiculous. The Philips TV is old and loses it memory, this includes the colour settings. Since the remote control is broken, yet the Playstation works fine we have never looked into it. I got hold of a spare remote and turned up the colour and BINGO! suprised that the colour information is not automatic as the PS is, but there you go, sorted.

-Spikey