1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limit DVD800SE/900SE CD Playback Quality?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wokeye, May 4, 2004.

1. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I was wondering can anybody shed any light on how good the Limit DVD players are at CD playback? These are the ones tuned by Cyrus apparently anyone got one? I am really pushed for space and need a slimline DVD player that is good with DVD's and audio. I bought a Pioneer DV-565A at first but it is not brilliant with CD's sounds a little harsh and compressed. The Limit players sound a bargain, but are they really any good with CD's as most lower end DVD players tend to be pretty crap to say the least. Any advice please?

2. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Can anybody also tell me how good these players are at playing back-up DVD-R discs. As I used to have a Denon that was pretty useless to say the least! Thanks..

3. stricko

stricko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi, I'm no audiophile but CD playback seems pretty good to me. I've discovered depth in my CD collection that my old Pioneer 530 didn't get anywhere near. Have a look back on the old Limit threads for other commets, but from memory it was all pretty favorable on the CD side.

DVD-R? No problem, it's played hundreds of them..... I've got a couple of old disks that it doesn't like, but equally a couple of disks that had problems on my old player now play faultlessly.

4. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Ok cheers stricko think I may just order one thanks :)