Limit DVD800 sound problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whitts1, Apr 17, 2007.

1. whitts1

whitts1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've got a Limit DVD800 DVD player and I cannot get any sound through the TV.

I have the player wired to the surround sound amp through an optical cable and the sound works perfectly.

However I cannot get any sound on the TV. I have tried running a scart to the TV and have tried Audio RCA cables and neither produce any sound except for an extremally distant distorted sound. I have tried other things in the RCA input and Scart input in the TV (using the same wires) and they work perfectly so it must be a problem with the DVD player.

I have checked the volume on the DVD player and it is at full.

Does anybody know if this is a simple setting that needs to be changed or whether it is time for a new DVD player. I was hoping that this one would hold out until HD / Blu ray was a little (alot!!) cheaper.

Thanks for your help

2. Crocodile JD

Crocodile JD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I presume that you have gone into audio set up on the player to see if there is anything needs to be set for analogue output? You might need to select PCM output or something for stereo. Try connecting your RCA leads to CD in on your amp (remember to select CD on the amp) and spin a CD. Does your player have a night setting or a dynamic range control. If so make sure they are not in play. I have found that I have to turn the TV volume up, much more than when on TV alone, on all my players (I've had 5 in the last 3 or 4 years) when connecting via scart.

Is it the Limit that was tuned by Cyrus Btw

Good luck
    Croc