Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Limit DVD 900SE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Spud36, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Spud36

Spud36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

I have my Limit DVD connected to the TV via RGB Scart.

What I did:

1. I went into the setup menu and selected RGB on the video menu.
    2. Watched a film - excellent picture quality.
    3. Switched off the DVD.
    4. Next day switched on and watched a film. Picture quality was not as good.
    5. Checked Setup and RGB is still selected. De-selected RGB and then re-selected it and bingo picture back to excellent again.

Does anyone know how to keep RGB properly selected or do I have to keep the DVD switched on (maybe thats why no standby button on the handset???).

Many thanks for any help you can give

regards

2. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    A couple of things come to mind - first, I vaguely remember an issue with RGB setting on the Limit from a very early thread about the 900SE. If there's nothing wrong with the player I wonder if it could be down to "auto sensing" an RGB signal from within your TV - do you have your TV set to RGB at the scart input that the Limit is connected to?

I'll see if I can find that thread. :)

EDIT: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113470&page=3&pp=60&highlight=Limit+DVD+900SE

post #169, Nick Halliday's response at post #187 and especially posts #188 and #200

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    I vaguely remember talk of this player not remembering any menu changes you make once it's switched off...PJ

4. Spud36

Spud36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi

Thanks for the replies. I had a look at the link and I think I have found the problem but not sure what to do about it.

I never mentioned that I have the limit, Sky and Freeview hooked up to the RGB scart on the TV via a Joytech AV Control Centre (honestly! I didn't think it was important ooops!!!). I hooked up the DVD straight to the TV and it worked fine. So I guess the problem is the Joytech.

I guess I will have to live with this while I have the Joytech and TV combo.

5. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    :D

Glad you worked things out. :)