• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Limit DVD 900SE

Spud36

Established Member
Hi

I have my Limit DVD connected to the TV via RGB Scart.

What I did:

1. I went into the setup menu and selected RGB on the video menu.
2. Watched a film - excellent picture quality.
3. Switched off the DVD.
4. Next day switched on and watched a film. Picture quality was not as good.
5. Checked Setup and RGB is still selected. De-selected RGB and then re-selected it and bingo picture back to excellent again.

Does anyone know how to keep RGB properly selected or do I have to keep the DVD switched on (maybe thats why no standby button on the handset???).

Many thanks for any help you can give

regards

Sigismund

Prominent Member
A couple of things come to mind - first, I vaguely remember an issue with RGB setting on the Limit from a very early thread about the 900SE. If there's nothing wrong with the player I wonder if it could be down to "auto sensing" an RGB signal from within your TV - do you have your TV set to RGB at the scart input that the Limit is connected to?

I'll see if I can find that thread. :)

EDIT: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113470&page=3&pp=60&highlight=Limit+DVD+900SE

post #169, Nick Halliday's response at post #187 and especially posts #188 and #200

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
I vaguely remember talk of this player not remembering any menu changes you make once it's switched off...PJ

Spud36

Established Member
Hi

Thanks for the replies. I had a look at the link and I think I have found the problem but not sure what to do about it.

I never mentioned that I have the limit, Sky and Freeview hooked up to the RGB scart on the TV via a Joytech AV Control Centre (honestly! I didn't think it was important ooops!!!). I hooked up the DVD straight to the TV and it worked fine. So I guess the problem is the Joytech.

I guess I will have to live with this while I have the Joytech and TV combo.

Sigismund

Prominent Member
Spud36 said:
I never mentioned that I have the limit, Sky and Freeview hooked up to the RGB scart on the TV via a Joytech AV Control Centre (honestly! I didn't think it was important ooops!!!).

:D

Glad you worked things out. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom